PDA

View Full Version : bersa dealers?

loyalpatriot
05-03-2011, 4:42 PM
I have been toying with the idea of getting back into pistol shooting and was looking at a bersa as a basic,functional and fun, plinker and hd gun. Problem is , I cannot find a dealer in the bay area, anyone have any leads? Thanks

timmy8151
05-03-2011, 5:01 PM
I've seen them at City Arms in Pacifica.

Bigtwin
05-03-2011, 5:03 PM
This may be a bit of a drive for you but both gun shops in Vacaville have them! I purchased my Bersa from Center mass, they had it at msrp instead of a bumped up price.

aghauler
05-03-2011, 5:42 PM
River City Gun Exchange in Sacramento has'em and you can visit the Railroad Museum also! BB

greybeard
05-03-2011, 5:46 PM
J&R Sporting Supply in Livermore has been known to have them

loyalpatriot
05-03-2011, 6:10 PM
thanks all, keep em coming if you have more dealers but for those who already listed, thanks:punk:

loose_electron
05-03-2011, 6:22 PM
I know ones down here in S CA - but the only Bersa on list is the Thunder 380 IIRC

See below, I got one, but its more of a specialty gun than a plinker. As a compact pistol, I do like it.

loyalpatriot
05-03-2011, 6:29 PM
I know ones down here in S CA - but the only Bersa on list is the Thunder 380 IIRC

See below, I got one, but its more of a specialty gun than a plinker. As a compact pistol, I do like it.

My last gun I sold was a g30 which I loved but was a bit chunky for my hand and I want something cheaper, I do not have the cash like I used to but am open to all ideas for a cheap plinker and hd pistol. taurus pt145 or or a sigma maybe? Been out of the game for a little bit but those were the guns I would have looked at for being functional and relatively cheap.

Tiberius
05-03-2011, 6:51 PM
I have a Bersa Thunder and I like it. I don't think I love it, but we're still getting to know each other. I bought it because of the price, the reviews, and the features - I wanted a hammer, decocker, and safety. In your situation, you might consider a used Glock 9mm; those tend to be more $400ish, I think, but 9mm is quite a bit cheaper than .380 so that could even out.

I'm not a Glock fan at all, btw. There are many .22s that are great and cheap plinkers. Also, the Sig SP2022 (the official pistol of Calguns) is often listed at $399, new, and may even come with night sites at that price.

mossy
05-03-2011, 6:54 PM
are you talking about getting a bersa thunder 380 if so i think target masters in milpitas is a dealer. they always have a few thunders in stock. i got one a few weeks ago from them.

USMC VET
05-03-2011, 6:59 PM
I've shot the bersa thunder 380 quite a few times and I think I can say I love it and if it wasn't for the ammo price point I'd already have one. Actually looking into buying one in the next month or so.
Just as a side note I've heard good things about the Taurus pt 24/7, ruger sr9 but at an average sticker price in the 280's its hard to resist the bersa

RABULL
05-03-2011, 7:04 PM
Barnwood Arms in Ripon, CA has them in stock in their store.

mossy
05-03-2011, 7:15 PM
you gotta spend the extra money and get factroy mags though, the pormag ones jam up the gun.

Bigtwin
05-03-2011, 7:57 PM
you gotta spend the extra money and get factroy mags though, the pormag ones jam up the gun.

Not 100%true, my friends bersa thunder has not had a problem in about 200 rounds so far. Though I do know it is the concensus that they do tend to jam with the promag....then again it is a 10rounder that sticks out of the magwell. Not real practical but fun.

JanG
05-03-2011, 10:44 PM
i heard you can tweak the promags or shave a portion off and they run good

Tiberius
05-03-2011, 10:49 PM
I hate to write something that sounds dirty, but does anyone else have a Bersa Thunder with a very stiff decocker? I read a review on the internet where someone solved this by disassembling, lubing, and re-assembling the decocker, but I haven't tried that - I wonder if I wouldn't end up with a lot of extra pieces. Mine is workable, but stiffer than the decocker on a Beretta 92 or Sig. It seems to be working in a bit, but feels wrong.

I noticed it when I handled the gun, but it was the only one they had, I needed (i mean wanted) it, and so on. I don't think they're all quite so stiff tho.

redrex
05-04-2011, 12:22 AM
Wow, I thought almost everyone sold the BT 380. I am about to buy one myself, well for the wife that is, and I can tell you that Target Masters in Milpitas has it in Nickel only.

Now the Bay Area Gun Vault in Mt. View has all three. Black, Nickel and my favorite Duo-tone.

Both places sell it for about $325 plus tax and DROS.

Now here is one for you, anyone know of anyone selling the Bersa Thunder in 9mm. It's off list so would it have to be person to person or can a dealer sell them as "used"?

Old4eyes
05-04-2011, 6:07 AM
I hate to write something that sounds dirty, but does anyone else have a Bersa Thunder with a very stiff decocker? I read a review on the internet where someone solved this by disassembling, lubing, and re-assembling the decocker, but I haven't tried that - I wonder if I wouldn't end up with a lot of extra pieces. Mine is workable, but stiffer than the decocker on a Beretta 92 or Sig. It seems to be working in a bit, but feels wrong.

I noticed it when I handled the gun, but it was the only one they had, I needed (i mean wanted) it, and so on. I don't think they're all quite so stiff tho.

Yes, you have a dirty mouth...Just kidding. But the answer is yes, the Thunder has a stiff decocker. You've got a couple of choices here.

1. If you are afraid of flying parts, you can put a lubricant (I used gun butter) and squirt it onto the slide at the two ends of the decocker. You'll need the slide off the gun to put the lube in at these points. Now put on your gunsite video, play it while flipping that safety on and off. After several hundred activations, it should to begin to loosen up.

2. If that doesn't get it done, then the next choice is to remove the decocker and use something like jeweler's rouge or possibly a metal polish like Flitz and polish the two ends. On my model of the 380 the firing pin is held in by the decocker. With the decocker out, the firing pin can come out and in doing so, the firing pin safety and it's ittty bitty spring can also come out of the slide. Eyeball how the back end of the firing pin sits in relation to the decocker lever so you'll know how to start putting the jigsaw puzzle back together.

By the way, the decocker is cast metal or MIM. The handle of mine broke off last week. New one is backordered. Other than that, it's been a fun and reliable gun.

Tiberius
05-04-2011, 7:55 AM
Thanks for that info. After doing all that, what do you end up with? I compared it to a Beretta 92, that has an absolutely smooth and easy decocker. Different gun, different price point I know. But does the Thunder get to that point?

jben
05-04-2011, 8:13 AM
Independence Armory in Petaluma can probably get them if not in stock. That's where I got mine.

Address:
Independence Armory
1270 Petaluma Boulevard North, Suite A
Petaluma, CA 94952

Phone: 707.773.GUNS
Phone: 707.773.4867
Fax: 707.773.4865

SupportGeek
05-04-2011, 12:57 PM
When I was at Markleys in Watsonville last weekend they had a pretty big stock of Bersa's in, looked like a whole section under the glass had nothing BUT Bersa's 12+ of them

redrex
05-04-2011, 1:25 PM
Just DROS'd one today at Bay Area Gun Vault. They showed me the Ruger LC9 which was only $75 more for a 9mm. And as nice as it was it didn't feel as smooth as the Bersa. Anyway too late now. Just 11 days till I can actually enjoy it now.