PDA

View Full Version : AR10 .308 BCG question...

bigman8u4lunch
05-03-2011, 4:17 PM
From what I understand you can use the armalite AR-10 BCG as a complete unit in the DPMS LR308 :confused:... please correct me if Im wrong. thanks in advance

rareair
05-03-2011, 6:13 PM
http://www.308ar.com/compatibility.htm

Bolt Carrier Group - The bolt carriers are interchangeable if used as a complete unit. You cannot interchange the bolts by themselves.

So the answer is YES. But only as a complete unit. The bolt themselves are NOT interchangeable

goodlookin1
05-03-2011, 7:31 PM
Yes, if you use an Armalite BCG, you should also have a matching Armalite barrel (or rather barrel extension). In this scenario you can use this in either Armalite or DPMS receivers. And vise versa.

Just dont go mixing internal parts, like Armalite Carrier, DPMS bolt and Armalite Barrel extension. That's a bad mix waiting to happen.

bigman8u4lunch
05-04-2011, 1:02 AM
http://www.308ar.com/compatibility.htm

Bolt Carrier Group - The bolt carriers are interchangeable if used as a complete unit. You cannot interchange the bolts by themselves.

So the answer is YES. But only as a complete unit. The bolt themselves are NOT interchangeable

ok. Thank you for that, big relief.

Goodlookin1, what do you mean about a barrel extesion? I have the A3 dpms upper W/ LR308 sass barrel. please explain.

This is my first build and everything is going great so far. complete lower and parts for the upper on the way.

goodlookin1
05-04-2011, 6:39 AM
ok. Thank you for that, big relief.

Goodlookin1, what do you mean about a barrel extesion? I have the A3 dpms upper W/ LR308 sass barrel. please explain.

This is my first build and everything is going great so far. complete lower and parts for the upper on the way.

In your case, the LR308 barrel will have a DPMS sized extension. Because of this, you will want (more like "need") to purchase a DPMS carrier and bolt. Do not purchase an Armalite Carrier and Bolt, as it will not headspace correctly, and might not even go fully into battery (I havent verified this last bit). From what I understand, the barrel extension has slightly different dimensions than the DPMS barrel extension.

If you're looking for a complete BCG for the LR 308, look at JSE Surplus: They have a Chrome Lined BCG assembly right now for $250: http://www.jsesurplus.com/dpms308boltcarrierassemblyphosphate-1.aspx . One a side note though, their roads are currently flooded and they cannot get in or out of their shop, so there will be some delays.

rareair
05-04-2011, 7:30 AM
I bought a Chromed Bolt carrier w/ Phosphate bolt from Rainier Arms' last week. Price was $249 + $7 shipping. Fast shipping & the thing looks awesome

bigman8u4lunch
05-04-2011, 10:15 AM
ok, so im sol on the armalite bcg, I was looking for one that had the foreward assist machined into the it. but oh well... thanks for the help and explanations, im gonna post pics of my project so far

siebenhaar
05-04-2011, 10:22 AM
Does anyone have a DPMS .308 upper for sale?

KaLiFORNIA
05-04-2011, 11:23 AM
Go to ammo bros Ontario they had a chrome dpms bcg, I got one and it has worked flawlessly

bigman8u4lunch
05-04-2011, 9:51 PM
i already ordered the dpms .308 bcg on 2 day rush. my barrel gets here friday, so all i really need is my freefloat tube. i cant figure out how to post pics... but thanks everyone for the reply and help.