PDA

View Full Version : Glock 23... input?

JayTee_IsMe
05-03-2011, 4:15 PM
So how many of you guys have a pad to put your gun on at the range?? My slide and barrel got scratched the other day I think from the outdoor shooting range bench. I think I need to add a foam pad to my range bag lol.

On the other hand. I ordered my Scherer 3.5 connector, Extended mag release and slide lock, and a Jentra plug. Waiting for them to come in. I also polished my barrel to a nice shiny chrome like finish.

What other mods are out there to better the performance and accuracy? This is for hobby shooting, not self defense... hopefully :cool:

sirgiles
05-03-2011, 4:19 PM
your concerned that your glock got scratched?

JayTee_IsMe
05-03-2011, 4:44 PM
Well no, I just want to prevent it from getting all scratched up because so far I have kept it in pretty like new condition. I don't know, it's a personal choice lol.

707electrician
05-03-2011, 5:14 PM
I don't have a pad but I wish they would let me use my damn holster:mad:

JayBeeJay
05-03-2011, 5:14 PM
Glocks are tools bruh it's going to get scratched sooner or later unless it's a safe queen. If you carry it in the factory clam shell case just leave it open and lay it on the foam. I wouldve went with the OEM 4.5 connector (3.5 connector) with the NY1 spring. I would also get the extended slide stop lever and night sights if you want.

JayTee_IsMe
05-03-2011, 6:00 PM
Glocks are tools bruh it's going to get scratched sooner or later unless it's a safe queen. If you carry it in the factory clam shell case just leave it open and lay it on the foam. I wouldve went with the OEM 4.5 connector (3.5 connector) with the NY1 spring. I would also get the extended slide stop lever and night sights if you want.

I got the extended slide stop. Think i will get sights when they are in my budget. I know it was going to get scratched sooner or later. Lol just not this soon, I only had it for like 3 months. I go to the range and see peoples shiny chrome finished 1911s and all that show-piece stuff you know.

thomasanelson
05-03-2011, 6:39 PM
My range has carpet benches.

Ultimate
05-03-2011, 6:49 PM
I have a glock 23 and sometimes I swear the slide can cut a diamond. It is very resistant and it doesn't have a mark on it .

JayTee_IsMe
05-03-2011, 7:07 PM
I have a glock 23 and sometimes I swear the slide can cut a diamond. It is very resistant and it doesn't have a mark on it .

Hmm, maybe I didn't get the scratch at the range. I just noticed it one day after I went to the range though. I don't EVER recall dropping it! Lol But there is a nice scratch on the coating like 1/4 inch long. Strange. Not a deep scratch, just on the outer coating I think. I think im going to try to find one of those glock pads with the disassembled picture on them.

USMC 82-86
05-03-2011, 7:15 PM
I always keep shop rags in may range bag.

JayTee_IsMe
05-03-2011, 7:24 PM
I always keep shop rags in may range bag.

Yeah, I was thinking of putting a nice thick towel in there for now.

707electrician
05-03-2011, 7:36 PM
The tennifer finish is pretty durable, it actually penetrates the steel. So if you have a scratch it must be a good one. Maybe you can buff it out

JayTee_IsMe
05-03-2011, 7:39 PM
Yeah I was going to try and see if it would rub out. I haven't gotten that far yet. Damn work M-F. I kinda want to polish my slide. Or take a wire brush to it. I saw the outcome on my firearm instructor's Glock 22 and I liked it surprisingly. Just not sure if I want to own that. Wish I had two Glocks. One to toy with and one to keep original.

Spyder
05-03-2011, 7:40 PM
I bought a runner carpet from Costco and keep it with my range bag. Works as a shooting mat when I go prone and a great full width concrete park bench cover when I shoot from there or just need to lay my crap down. It's something like 2' x 4' and was ten bucks. Seen similar stuff at Home Depot that was longer and better material for not much more money. If you have a hall runner, just grab it when ya go. The wifey won't mind!

gun505
05-03-2011, 8:02 PM
I keep my handguns in a gun sleeve in my bag when going to the range,also take a lint free towel.

plankowner
05-04-2011, 6:19 AM
it adds character to the gun, and I have had my 23 about 10 years and that thing has been drug everywhere with me and it still does not have a single scratch on it , I have not had another gun the has held up that good on the finish, it is tuff.

JTROKS
05-04-2011, 6:38 AM
I like to keep my guns looking nice also, but when you take 'em out to shoot and hunt with it's hard to keep them looking pristine.

For the poster who wants to use his holster at the range, join a USPSA or IDPA club and you can use that holster of yours and don't forget the extra mags and mag pouches.

red_eyez
05-04-2011, 9:18 AM
I had the extended slide release on for a while, but didn't like it, my thumb was kinda rest on it and half of the time the slide didn't lock at the last round. Had to put the stock one back.

ap3572001
05-04-2011, 11:31 AM
Glock 23? I have one. Used it on and off duty. I say Glock 23 is at the very top of TRUE self defense carry guns. It is for me and I have MANY others.

Quickdraw Mcgraw
05-04-2011, 12:19 PM
Ya those newer glock finishs are just not as reliable as the old ones...my 5yr old g23 is in pretty good shape for all the holstertime and play it gets...diffinetly don't baby it, but then I got my g27 and the finish is already scratched pretty good from the first two times it rode in my holster:(

JayBeeJay
05-04-2011, 1:01 PM
One of my Glock 23's is 12 years old and doesnt have 1 scratch! The rear corners of the slide are worn though and no longer black. Everytime I had a scratch they seemed to rub out after cleaning. Glock will refinish slide's for $45 and barrel for $20, or $60 for both. They also swap out warn or outdated slide parts for free!

JayTee_IsMe
05-04-2011, 5:00 PM
Wow I had no clue Glock did that?! Do you need to be original owner? I bought as a police trade-in from Buds in pristine condition. I'm gonna do some spring cleaning on it this Saturday after range time at Cordova Shooting Center. Wish I lived closer to USI in Concord though... One of the nicer outdoor ranges I've been to.

I love my 23 way over any other handgun I've had. Sigma and an old Hungarian PA-63. It's customizable, modern, and comfy in my hands. It feels very natural in my hands.

nevil
05-04-2011, 6:59 PM
I have had mine out three times. I know about how sharp the slides are. I cut my finger on mine the second time out. I really like my G23. Thinking about getting my wife a G17 thow.

JayBeeJay
05-04-2011, 7:55 PM
Wow I had no clue Glock did that?! Do you need to be original owner? I bought as a police trade-in from Buds in pristine condition. I'm gonna do some spring cleaning on it this Saturday after range time at Cordova Shooting Center. Wish I lived closer to USI in Concord though... One of the nicer outdoor ranges I've been to.

I love my 23 way over any other handgun I've had. Sigma and an old Hungarian PA-63. It's customizable, modern, and comfy in my hands. It feels very natural in my hands.

Naw it doesnt matter if you were the 10th owner bro. All you do is ship your slide overnight FedEx or UPS to Glock warranty dept. in Smyrna, GA. Include your payment in the box and brief description of what you want done to it. Turn around right now is 6-8 weeks. Glock's CS is top notch for sure.