PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me a sight for my ruger 10/22

Bull's_eye
05-03-2011, 2:58 PM
Right now I have a bone stock 10/22. I am planning on getting a synthetic stock for it, currently eyeing this one here:

http://centerfiresystems.com/productimages/stocks/STKRUG-ARCHANGLE-D1.jpg

I am unsure of what exactly I want to do for the sight. I don't think I want to do a scope, so I am considering a red dot.

Came across this one here:

http://www.amazon.com/NcSTAR%C2%AE-Reflex-Sight-Different-Reticles/dp/B003G321A0/ref=cm_cmu_pg__header

Good? Bad? Decent? I really don't know what I'm looking for in a red dot so any suggestions or advise would be appreciated.

BOFH
05-03-2011, 4:49 PM
Really going to do that to your 10/22? :D

They are not very good, I purchased one for a plinker and I have had it replaced several times. They always replace it its a hassle and the dot does not hold zero well. Look elsewhere. You can get OK stuff on the cheap (and if you are lucky) but expect to spend at least $100.

uxo2
05-03-2011, 6:20 PM
I would go with a Nordic kit instead........
You can use real AR parts for it
followed with Primary Arms sight

Bull's_eye
05-03-2011, 7:40 PM

They are not very good, I purchased one for a plinker and I have had it replaced several times. They always replace it its a hassle and the dot does not hold zero well. Look elsewhere. You can get OK stuff on the cheap (and if you are lucky) but expect to spend at least $100.

Haha not if it's crap. I know nothing about these, so if it sucks I wont get it. And I'm assuming you're talking about the sight not the stock right?

Bull's_eye
05-03-2011, 7:52 PM
Would something like this be a much better choice?

http://primaryarms.com/product.sc?productId=299&categoryId=419

Patriot Man
05-03-2011, 8:08 PM
I got the Tapco one stock without the bull barrel (the older model) and very happy with it. It all depends on what you want to spend. You can easily spend 200-500 for an annodized aluminum stock. I use a cheap $40 Simmons 3-9x scope and it works great. I think regular cross hairs are better since this gun is fairly accurate and red dots, to me, are for quick acquisition CQB type training which is not what I would ever use the 10/22 for.

BOFH
05-03-2011, 8:11 PM
Haha not if it's crap. I know nothing about these, so if it sucks I wont get it. And I'm assuming you're talking about the sight not the stock right?

The 'why' was about the plastic dress-up kit, but to each his own.

sephy
05-03-2011, 8:37 PM
If I were to dress up a 10/22 I'd go for the M1 Carbine look, and get Tech Sights. http://www.tech-sights.com/Ruger%20set.gif

Much better IMHO... although everything I own has wood on it.

SAR_boats
05-03-2011, 8:47 PM
I have a Truglo 2x power red dot on mine and it works very well. the 2x makes shooting 6" shoot-n-c targets @ 100yds easy.

The Vortex Strikefire and Bushnell Trophy Red dots are good as well.

I used a truglo reflex on my 10-22 for a while and it worked really well once it was sighted in, I just wanted a little magnification for shooting longer distances (The reflex is now mounted on my 12ga)

So, in short, I have had good luck with Truglo, and Vortex.

I didn't like anything I tried from UTG or NCStar.

I don't know much about Primary arms, havent tried their stuff

Bull's_eye
05-03-2011, 11:19 PM
I got the Tapco one stock without the bull barrel (the older model) and very happy with it. It all depends on what you want to spend. You can easily spend 200-500 for an annodized aluminum stock. I use a cheap $40 Simmons 3-9x scope and it works great. I think regular cross hairs are better since this gun is fairly accurate and red dots, to me, are for quick acquisition CQB type training which is not what I would ever use the 10/22 for.

I have a 3-9x on my .17hmr, and figured I would try a red dot. My .22 is mainly just a fun gun/plinker.

I'm going between the stock I posted earlier or this one:
http://www.mountsplus.com/images-product/tapco/STT-1022-63160B.jpg

I mainly just want a pistol grip.

Patriot Man
05-05-2011, 2:34 PM
Only bummer on the Tapco is it is not folding. Though, not a big deal as I don't think the gun is very useful in the folded postiion. It's too precise to shoot it like it's a rapid fire sprayer. I either off hand shoot it with a forward grip or bench rest it.

Bull's_eye
05-05-2011, 2:57 PM
Yeah I'm not really worried about having a folding stock.

Patriot Man
05-05-2011, 5:07 PM

I second that- got one long time ago. The dials to change the red dot don't have any impact on the point of Aim. Also had a cheap little NcStar scope- same thing. Never again

38super
05-05-2011, 8:24 PM
Midway has 30mm Millets, or Ultradot if budget allows. +1 TruGlo 2X reddot.

kook
05-06-2011, 12:42 PM
heck if you want to try one on the cheap get a tasco red dot at wal-mart. i have 2 and they hold zero great , easy to sight in , and for $32.97 plus tax what the heck. it's cheap enough to buy and give it away if you don't dig on it. it is a bkrd30 model and its dead nuts at 25 yards...anyway have fun...