PDA

View Full Version : GSG-5 Bolt "Defect"

USMC VET
05-03-2011, 2:53 PM
I have had this rifle (GSG-5 Carbine) exactly one day over a month. Ive shot almost 1k rnds through it with very few problems. I love the rifle and the options it presents. I was cleaning it yesterday and discovered this:

I immediately contacted ATI/Armscor via their tech support. This is their reply:

Chad,

I am glad to hear that you are enjoying your GSG-5. The hole you are referring to in the bottom of the bolt is not an issue as far as the rifles functioning is concerned. It is basically just a slight deformity when the bolt was being manufactured. I hope you continue to enjoy your GSG-5.

Sincerely,

John

I will say that while firing my rifle I did NOT experience any problems. Should I be ok with this answer? Anyone have the same thing happen to theirs?

jimbos44
05-03-2011, 3:34 PM
I dunno, 2500+ thru mine, but never had it apart to clean it. I'd say put another 1,000 rounds thru it and check again. I heard customer service was pretty good, so if it is an issue, insist on sending it back. Did u ever get a retractable stock ? I was going to , but bought a rough rider instead.

kel-tec-innovations
05-03-2011, 3:39 PM
Its a bonus weight reduction lol. I'm sure it would be fine, its a hole not a crack

USMC VET
05-03-2011, 4:44 PM
yeah like i said, no issues through the last 500 so not too worried.

I havent gotten the retractable stock yet actually just put the order in for the optics mount though.