PDA

View Full Version : The most idiotic thing about the roster so far...

Peter W Bush
05-03-2011, 3:42 PM
A store has a Sig P6 in good condition for $259. I tried to buy it, but they informed me that the Century Arms imported P6 fell off of the roster. There is another P6, EXACTLY THE SAME, but with a different importer, that is on the roster. Now I can't buy that damn P6 for $259. OMG I am so pissed of. Damn you, Kommiefornia.

That is all....

zod
05-03-2011, 3:45 PM
That sucks man. I hope this stupid roster disappears soon.

rubber duckie
05-03-2011, 3:53 PM
yeah turners had the exact one. but no go

rromeo
05-03-2011, 4:03 PM
What store? Will they ship?

Lead Waster
05-03-2011, 4:39 PM
Well, obviously the Century Arms P6 is very unsafe, you are lucky that you didn't get it. The other P6 will prevent you from hurting yourself. Be thankful that you weren't allowed to hurt yourself. :p

Peter W Bush
05-03-2011, 6:01 PM
Well, obviously the Century Arms P6 is very unsafe, you are lucky that you didn't get it. The other P6 will prevent you from hurting yourself. Be thankful that you weren't allowed to hurt yourself. :p

Ya that's true. That Century Arms imported one turned evil this week :mad::mad::mad::mad:

This is even stupider than anything else I've had to deal with when it comes to that stupid roster. Even worse than the P220 Elite Carry for $650 NIB I missed out on last week :mad:

ZX-10R
05-03-2011, 6:11 PM
Having a roster is a crime.

rromeo
05-03-2011, 6:13 PM
Seriously, what store?

Gio
05-03-2011, 6:18 PM
Having a roster is a crime.

:iagree:

rubber duckie
05-03-2011, 7:17 PM
i think it was the norwalk or lakewood one..

Tiberius
05-03-2011, 7:54 PM
I think you all are missing the point. It's a safe gun roster. Therefore, we are all safer, because it is keeping unsafe guns off the streets (tho it is thrusting them into the hands of poor innocent cops). If one roster is good, ten would be better - think how safe we'd be.

Odd, though, that the roster hasn't caught any of the flaws in various Rugers, the Neos, and others that led to safety recalls. This just proves that we need more rosters.

Lastly, having been down this path before, let me write out slowly and surely . . . I'm Just Kidding.

Dhena81
05-03-2011, 9:02 PM
I think its 50k a pop to be approved CA safe you would think CA would be bending over backwards to make all pistols safe :rolleyes:

Ranger20
05-03-2011, 9:09 PM
A store has a Sig P6 in good condition for $259. I tried to buy it, but they informed me that the Century Arms imported P6 fell off of the roster. There is another P6, EXACTLY THE SAME, but with a different importer, that is on the roster. Now I can't buy that damn P6 for $259. OMG I am so pissed of. Damn you, Kommiefornia.

That is all....

Too bad the P6 wasn't a consignment. Then it wouldnt have been an issue that it wasnt' on the list.

This roster only hurts law abiding citizens and commerce in the first place. Thank the gun grabbers mostly liberal democrats for their party and the continuation of this insanity so we keep bad guns from bad people... What an FN Joke! But we aren't laughing..

zonzin
05-03-2011, 9:37 PM
Dang I'm glad my mom lives in New Mexico,, Family Transfer anyone? :) Roster,,, we dont need no stinkin roster!!!

five.five-six
05-03-2011, 9:39 PM
sux that only LEOs can have those cool "unsafe gunz"

Tiberius
05-03-2011, 10:16 PM
I'm just wondering - if you hate Obama and all he stands for, does that mean you hate killing bin Laden?

mugiwara
05-04-2011, 12:06 AM
most ppl i know that worship obama were upset by the MURDER of osama... eh, the weather is worth it.

unltd
05-04-2011, 12:11 AM
Ya that's true. That Century Arms imported one turned evil this week :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

That's why it's important to let CA weed out the bad ones for you. You never know, sometimes a P6 looks well adjusted, fits in well, gets along with the folks, then look what happens...

jshoebot
05-04-2011, 12:53 AM
most ppl i know that worship obama were upset by the MURDER of osama... eh, the weather is worth it.

Spoken like a true "fairweather patriot".

fuenstock
05-04-2011, 6:36 AM
I think its 50k a pop to be approved CA safe you would think CA would be bending over backwards to make all pistols safe :rolleyes:

So the California approved list is just a tax or fee for the gun industry to do business in Ca, just renamed to make people think it's for their own good? I didn't know it cost 50k to be put on the approved list, sounds like a tax or fee to me. Is California the only state with this BS list?

JeremyS
05-04-2011, 3:35 PM
It's sick that manufacturers have to resubmit EVERY year even if there are no changes whatsoever in the model. This is how a gun can go from being legal for sale to not legal (or "safe" to "unsafe") even though it's the identical gun. The manufacturer can just choose to stop paying each year to resubmit.

Also, model means serial number. Yeah, that means the blue version might be legal but the stainless or OD Green version isn't. Or the revolver with the 3" barrel is legal but the 4" isn't. If it has a separate serial number, it needs to be submitted for "safety testing" every year.

...and the safety testing is EXPENSIVE... if CA wasn't such a huge gun sales market, our choices would be really, really limited... I still think Kel-Tec should deal with it and get a couple of their handgun models legalized for CA sale...

ZX-10R
05-05-2011, 7:25 AM
CA needs to deal with this personally by not electing democrats who love big government. I do not pity this state and its silly gun laws that gun owners here moan and groan about. I shot free already in other free states...Some of you never will. The thing is to get in the MIND SET of changing the silly state government...Not just in one area but in all areas. Having a Republican as a Gov and the rest of the state government democrap does nothing. However, you all went to the polls last year...Reap what you sow CA.

fred40
05-05-2011, 8:26 AM
Dang I'm glad my mom lives in New Mexico,, Family Transfer anyone? :) Roster,,, we dont need no stinkin roster!!!

You are one lucky Californian. I keep telling my parents to move out of state. But they are not buying it. :)