PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy barrel and magazine?

WhiteGT
11-26-2006, 7:08 PM
I recently bought a Mossberg 500 20". I love the thing but I would like a shorter barrel. I want the 18" barrel and this would be no problem except I need the magazine tube that comes with the 18" models. Where can I get one? I am also wondering if the cost to do this would even be worth it considering the whole gun was $240 out the door. Also, does anyone have experience selling old barrels and magazines? How much of the cost could I recoup?

CalNRA
11-26-2006, 7:23 PM
you'll be better off looking for a good deal on a used 500 with the 18" barrel.

new cal shooter
11-27-2006, 8:07 AM
Sell it as is, whole, then get down to big 5 and pick up one of the mossberg combo's, great deal especially around next month they go on Super Sale!

JPglee1
11-27-2006, 8:21 AM
I recently bought a Mossberg 500 20". I love the thing but I would like a shorter barrel. I want the 18" barrel and this would be no problem except I need the magazine tube that comes with the 18" models. Where can I get one? I am also wondering if the cost to do this would even be worth it considering the whole gun was $240 out the door. Also, does anyone have experience selling old barrels and magazines? How much of the cost could I recoup?

You could always shorten your original barrel and magazine, its not that hard.

Its a non-FFL job so I could even do it for you.

It takes maybe 60mins to do the whole job w/the right tools.

JP