PDA

View Full Version : S&W M&P R8 Reviews?

GutPunch
05-03-2011, 1:24 PM
I'm considering puchasing a full sized revolver. I don't like the stainless look of the 686. But that is purely an aesthetics thing.

To you M&P R8 owners, how do you fell about your gun? Is there anything you would change on it? How does it compare to your other 6-8 shot .357/.38 revolvers? How does it compare to your semiautos?

Lastly, what gear do you guys use in terms of holsters and speed loaders?

Thanks!

Edit: To clarify for the first reply, I've done the video reviews and browsed google results. I'm looking for comparisons to other .357s.

Q619
05-03-2011, 1:35 PM
Practice your Google-Fu....I've always found a lot of helpful info and reviews there.

prod39
05-03-2011, 6:31 PM
I've had a Mdl. 327 for the last year and half. First of there is not a holster made for it,,,( go figure, the rail under the barrel.
The gun has more recoil than the stainless counterpart, less weight.
The gun comes with moon-clips for speed-loading,,,,,,,,,they bend when you step on them in competition, at $2.50 each

Overall, a really great gun.
Jim B

1 SIG fan
05-03-2011, 6:34 PM
It is awesome. It IS heavy so Lil felt recoil. Holsters are limited with the rails attached. It's the first wheel gun I bought. Dillon makes sweet 8rnd moons for it. I really like this gun and it just looks mean. If it's in the budget, you won't be sorry!

Q619
05-03-2011, 6:34 PM
Almost forgot to mention: check the S&W forum. You'll get the best info there. This isn't a very widely owned gun....