PDA

View Full Version : CA UZI Range Report

ts
11-26-2006, 2:59 PM
Okay guys, took the Uzi out to an indoor shooting range (Sharpshooters in Torrance) Put 150 rounds though it. Loved it – breaking it down and reloading was NO PROBLEM with the new pin. Not one jam. Sights suck, laser is on order for fun. Shot really tight groups and I even made some new friends and I got to shoot a lot of other guns because everyone wanted to put 10 rounds through the Uzi. Only problem is people asking, “where can I get one?” After a while I just started saying “CalGuns.net”

metalhead357
11-26-2006, 4:06 PM
On Loading that thing are you removing both pins or only the rear and flipping it down?

I was vaguely follwoing your earlier thread...Glad this thing has worked out for you:)

6172crew
11-26-2006, 4:28 PM
Im saddened, the first kid on your block with a Uzi and no range pics...what a shame.:(

:D

VeryCoolCat
11-26-2006, 4:31 PM
Okay guys, took the Uzi out to an indoor shooting range (Sharpshooters in Torrance) Put 150 rounds though it. Loved it – breaking it down and reloading was NO PROBLEM with the new pin. Not one jam. Sights suck, laser is on order for fun. Shot really tight groups and I even made some new friends and I got to shoot a lot of other guns because everyone wanted to put 10 rounds through the Uzi. Only problem is people asking, “where can I get one?” After a while I just started saying “CalGuns.net”

Was the guy that everyone dislikes there? :D I forgot his name... Fred?

cornholio1
11-26-2006, 4:37 PM
What was the total cost etc? Can you give a bit of "cliff notes" history or should I read the old thread?

M14Gunman
11-26-2006, 4:58 PM
On Loading that thing are you removing both pins or only the rear and flipping it down?

I was vaguely follwoing your earlier thread...Glad this thing has worked out for you:)

There is only one takedown pin on an Uzi.... it looks like 2 but the forward pin is part of the internal trigger mechanism.

ts
11-26-2006, 6:42 PM
Was the guy that everyone dislikes there? :D I forgot his name... Fred?

Old dude, looks like a cow boy? Yeah he was there.

ts
05-21-2007, 12:18 PM
Im saddened, the first kid on your block with a Uzi and no range pics...what a shame.:(

:D

http://members.cox.net/junkacct/cruz_ss.jpg

Took a couple of months but here you go. (that's not me, ex-Marine, and a lefty)

BlackReef
05-21-2007, 12:31 PM
You said Vector Arms are out of stock on the UZI? That sucks. Is that the only company we know of that makes Cal Legal UZIs?

ts
05-21-2007, 12:34 PM
You said Vector Arms are out of stock on the UZI? That sucks. Is that the only company we know of that makes Cal Legal UZIs?

Last I heard from Rex, try calling them up - MAKE SURE TO TALK TO REX - the secretary tells you a different thing every time you call. "Oh no we're all out till next year." I talk to Rex and it is in my hands within the next month.

Jicko
05-21-2007, 12:36 PM
What are you still doing here, go take and post some PICS and specs!! :D