PDA

View Full Version : Smith and wesson Experts needed. Anyone know the model?

kpinoy
05-03-2011, 11:04 AM
I have a friend trying to sell me his revolver. All i know is that its a Smith and wesson and .357 magnum caliber. He sent me pics below but I wanted to see how much they run for and any reviews on the revolver. any help would be greatly apreciated.

thank you

MOONDAWG
05-03-2011, 11:34 AM
Six in barreled S&W Model 66.

kpinoy
05-03-2011, 11:52 AM
Thanks fellas

bwiese
05-03-2011, 12:07 PM
These Model 66s are great guns.

If you're a frequent shooter, however, do not feed them an exclusive diet of 357Mag loads esp hot loads. It's fine to shoot some when necessary for practice but the usage should tilt more toward 38Spl / 38Spl +P.

Ubermcoupe
05-03-2011, 12:11 PM
...usage should tilt more toward 38Spl / 38Spl +P.

Use mine for 38Spcl WCs :D. Great wheel gun.

Fishslayer
05-03-2011, 2:27 PM
One in my LGS went for $375 last week. At that price it didn't last long. :(

kpinoy
05-03-2011, 3:33 PM
One in my LGS went for $375 last week. At that price it didn't last long. :(

oh wow so I assume that the price of $325 he is offering me is a good price. Its my first wheel gun. I guess its a great buy

beauregard
05-03-2011, 3:36 PM
oh wow so I assume that the price of $325 he is offering me is a good price. Its my first wheel gun. I guess its a great buy

That's a pre-lock 66 worth $500 or more. Yes, $325 is a screaming deal.

Mickey D
05-04-2011, 5:02 AM
Now my neck hurts. :(

kpinoy
05-04-2011, 8:22 AM
That's a pre-lock 66 worth $500 or more. Yes, $325 is a screaming deal.

what does a Pre-lock 66 mean? sorry I am a newbie when it comes to the wheel gun

beauregard
05-04-2011, 8:59 AM
what does a Pre-lock 66 mean? sorry I am a newbie when it comes to the wheel gun

All Smith & Wesson revolvers have been equipped with an internal locking mechanism since the acquisition by Saf-T-Hammer. The mechanism is relatively unobtrusive, is activated with a special key, and renders the firearm inoperable. While the lock can simply be left disengaged, some gun enthusiasts prefer "pre-lock" guns. -Wikipedia

Guys like me prefer pre-lock models. To us they are more valuable than the newer generations of S&W's.

scarville
05-04-2011, 9:06 AM
$325 for a Model 66? If it is in good condition that is "quick sale" price.

kpinoy
05-04-2011, 11:15 AM
$325 for a Model 66? If it is in good condition that is "quick sale" price.

Its a "friend" price. He rented a gun at the range then decided he will get into it the guns but never did so it ended just sitting in a safe for 2 years. total of only 24 rounds down the barrel. Now he just wants to get rid of it because the fiance doesnt want any guns in the house. He knows I was looking at revolvers so he offered it to me. Its just an unexpected possible purchase so thats why I wanted to look into it. now that I know the price then now I know its a killer deal

kpinoy
05-04-2011, 11:18 AM
He is also trying to sell me a HK USP .45 compact for $450 (also less than 30 rounds) which I think is also a good deal but I am liking the revolver. its a debate right now heheh

WINGEDSWORD
05-04-2011, 12:43 PM
Grab the model 66 as fast as you can. Although $450 is a great price for an HK, if you are a novice with handguns you are much better served with a revolver.

Mickey D
05-04-2011, 2:01 PM
Grab the model 66 as fast as you can. Although $450 is a great price for an HK, if you are a novice with handguns you are much better served with a revolver.

The Hk USPc price is a steal! Work a deal to buy both.

zinfull
05-04-2011, 4:55 PM
You have a good friend. To bad about the wife to be and not wanting a gun around. Hopefully she will not regret that choice.

jerry

kpinoy
05-05-2011, 7:59 AM
yea I have the HK USP fullsize so I am thinking about getting a lil bro for it hehehe. yeah its more to just get rid of it and its not about the $ issue. I might get both if they give me a payment plan heheh

Fishslayer
05-05-2011, 10:13 AM
He is also trying to sell me a HK USP .45 compact for $450 (also less than 30 rounds) which I think is also a good deal but I am liking the revolver. its a debate right now heheh

If it was me the only debate would be which one to buy first.

They aren't making any more no lock 66's. I'd be all over it at $325.

Why are you reading this?

GO GET THEM BOTH!:D

...before your buddy grows a pair & sends the fiancee packin'...

scarville
05-05-2011, 11:16 AM
You have a good friend. To bad about the wife to be and not wanting a gun around. Hopefully she will not regret that choice.
His loss is someone else's gain. Better a friend than a stranger.

If I had a friend offer me two guns like that for $775 total (+DROS and taxes :() I'd be in my safe so fast I'd leave vacuum where I was standing. I'd even offer to let him buy the HK back within a year at the same price if he can beat talk some sense into his wife. He'd never get the Model 66 back from me, though.

Fishslayer
05-05-2011, 12:27 PM
His loss is someone else's gain. Better a friend than a stranger.

I'm kinda wonderin' if there are Man Law implications here. Might it not be incumbant upon Kpinoy to try to talk some sense into his friend, even at the cost of a couple of screamin' deals?

If she's layin' down these kind of rules before the cow is even bought what kind of stuff will she be dictatin' later when gettin' out will cost the poor slob half of everything he owns?

My advice would be "Run away! RUN AWAY!"

kpinoy
05-13-2011, 8:54 AM
I'm kinda wonderin' if there are Man Law implications here. Might it not be incumbant upon Kpinoy to try to talk some sense into his friend, even at the cost of a couple of screamin' deals?

If she's layin' down these kind of rules before the cow is even bought what kind of stuff will she be dictatin' later when gettin' out will cost the poor slob half of everything he owns?

My advice would be "Run away! RUN AWAY!"

When I got married I told my wife these armory came with my "package" plus it also helps that her dad is also into it so we like our toys. its harsh but I am glad my wife doesnt mind them as long as I save my own $ and not touch "our $" hehe

Fishslayer
05-13-2011, 11:25 AM
I am glad my wife doesnt mind them as long as I save my own $ and not touch "our $" hehe

Doode... it's all "our $$$."

...except the $$$ she earns. That's "her $$$." :cool:

Oh yeah... ya get the guns? ;)

dexter9659
05-13-2011, 12:29 PM
Find out if there are more guns to be bought. Those prices are screamin!!

kpinoy
05-16-2011, 7:38 AM
those are the only 2 guns they are selling and yes I am getting them both and arrange a payment plan. I couldnt pass it up.

Call_me_Tom
05-16-2011, 7:47 AM
I bought my M66 no dash for $300 a couple years ago so they can be had at low prices if you look around. Your friends price is a good deal. I'd pick both up.