PDA

View Full Version : Saiga Trigger FAIL!!!!!!:mad:

Quickdraw Mcgraw
05-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Well...even ak style rifles can fail:eek: I got my saiga two years ago an shoot only russian ammo thru it with the occasional bore snake quick clean. I have right around 2000 rds down range and yeasterday I was out shooting it with my new Bushnell trs25 and about halfway thru a mag the trigger reset DID NOT RESET!!:confused::confused: After checking to see that there was still a round in the chamber I pressed trigger several more times an finally after about 8 trigger pulls the reset broke free an I could hear it click and then BOOM BOOM BOOM fired off the rest of my mag.

NOW MY AR HAS A BETTER TRACK RECORD THAN MY AK!

This is dissapointing to me because I usially buy less fussy guns on purpose ie. glocks, czs, aks, an rugers because I like to treat things rough.

I guess I should clean my trigger group, but whatabout those guys that have 10,000rds downrange an claim to have never cleaned their ak??

zfields
05-03-2011, 11:51 AM
If its a stock saiga trigger system, dont compare that to the real deal : )

BoonieGhost
05-03-2011, 11:53 AM
If its a stock saiga trigger system, dont compare that to the real deal : )

^ what he said... I dont know ANYONE that actually leaves a Saiga stock! Theres a reason people restore them...

Flouncer
05-03-2011, 11:54 AM
but whatabout those guys that have 10,000rds downrange an claim to have never cleaned their ak??

They are lazy .. ... ..... . . .. .. .... ... :sleeping:

SJgunguy24
05-03-2011, 12:20 PM
Well...even ak style rifles can fail:eek: I got my saiga two years ago an shoot only russian ammo thru it with the occasional bore snake quick clean. I have right around 2000 rds down range and yeasterday I was out shooting it with my new Bushnell trs25 and about halfway thru a mag the trigger reset DID NOT RESET!!:confused::confused: After checking to see that there was still a round in the chamber I pressed trigger several more times an finally after about 8 trigger pulls the reset broke free an I could hear it click and then BOOM BOOM BOOM fired off the rest of my mag.

NOW MY AR HAS A BETTER TRACK RECORD THAN MY AK!

This is dissapointing to me because I usially buy less fussy guns on purpose ie. glocks, czs, aks, an rugers because I like to treat things rough.

I guess I should clean my trigger group, but whatabout those guys that have 10,000rds downrange an claim to have never cleaned their ak??

That is why I tell everybody I know with a Saiga to do the conversion. The transfer bar is another machanical linkage that can fail, or bind.

mrvash
05-03-2011, 12:24 PM
Like others above me has posted, if it's the stock Saiga trigger group, then blah. :)

thedrickel
05-03-2011, 12:29 PM
You probably could have fixed the problem in half the time you spent being angry and frustrated and posting this thread. More than likely a spring is misaligned, maybe your trigger pins are walking out . . . pretty simple stuff.

zfields
05-03-2011, 12:32 PM
Or that damn linkage got caught on something,

Quickdraw Mcgraw
05-03-2011, 12:51 PM
You probably could have fixed the problem in half the time you spent being angry and frustrated and posting this thread. More than likely a spring is misaligned, maybe your trigger pins are walking out . . . pretty simple stuff.

I'm not angry...the calguns smilies are angry!

I just wanted to get some feedback as to what was causing the problem an how to fix it...seems like the conversion is the fix...BANGHEAD!

I wanted to leave the rifle stock for hunting piggys, but mabye a conversion is in my future!

Shady
05-03-2011, 12:58 PM
stock saiga trigger = garbage

pyro3k2
05-03-2011, 12:59 PM
I'm not angry...the calguns smilies are angry!

I just wanted to get some feedback as to what was causing the problem an how to fix it...seems like the conversion is the fix...BANGHEAD!

I wanted to leave the rifle stock for hunting piggys, but mabye a conversion is in my future!

Just go featureless so you can retain your detachable mag. Just wondering if that russian ammo you were using was corrosive? if it was and you hadn't cleaning it in forever that may/may not have added to your failure. If the parts do indeed show signs of rust a conversion would become number 1 on my firearms to do list.

comblock
05-03-2011, 1:07 PM
I dont see why you need to clean the trigger group. Im missing how the trigger group gets dirty from the ammo. Mines gets dirty mostly in the gas tube and op rod.

pyro3k2
05-03-2011, 1:40 PM
I dont see why you need to clean the trigger group. Im missing how the trigger group gets dirty from the ammo. Mines gets dirty mostly in the gas tube and op rod.

All of the AK's I own or have used have all had carbon and fouling from the gasses in the FCG not a lot but it's still there.