PDA

View Full Version : featureless maybe illegal?

Vandal.
05-03-2011, 11:42 AM
hey guys... i have a question about my AR,

so im thinking about taking off my bullet button and making it featureless.. so collapsible stock is coming off, A2 bird cage is coming off, forward grip is also coming off...

i was thinking about getting the ACE ace skeleton stock 7.25'' one... and putting on that Kydex Grip Wrap on it....
so would that make it legal? i did see the flow chart but my question is about the 30 inches. would that meet the requirements on that end?

Iggy
05-03-2011, 11:46 AM
Measure the rifle how it is now without the stock. The lowest it can possibly go is at the end of the buffer tube so try that out. I think you should be ok.

djleisure
05-03-2011, 12:24 PM
Here's a pic of a featureless rifle on Exile Machine's website - is this the stock you're talking about? Here's a link to a bunch of featureless combos with their hammerhead grip - highly recommend! http://www.exilemachine.com/gallery.html

http://exilemachine.com/images/IMG_8508_C.JPG

SJgunguy24
05-03-2011, 12:24 PM
Please say the barrel is at least 16"

FeuerFrei
05-03-2011, 1:14 PM
You can pin the stock instead of buying new one.
Add brake, grip wrap, no FPG and ditch the BB lock.
Drop mags as it was originally designed. :cheers2:

G1500
05-03-2011, 1:41 PM
What about your posts makes you think featureless may be illegal?

762.DEFENSE
05-03-2011, 2:40 PM
I'm going to be doing a Featureless rifle build soon with the ACE Skeleton Stock myself. You'll be good to go, and you might wanna try a Hammerhead Grip, that's the way I'm going. I'll post pics up soon once my lower gets out of jail.

Vandal.
05-03-2011, 2:47 PM
i have a 16''...
i wasnt sure because..... the ACE stock is 7.25 right and its just a stubby stock, im not really sure it would be over 30inchs over all leanth... i was unclear if the 7.25 stock would be 29inchs and then that would be an SBR. i wouldnt want to go to the pen because im one inch too short. just in case.
butcause i really wouldnt want to get the 9 inch one.. and i really dont want to pin my CTR stock. just to drop mags...

jdberger
05-03-2011, 2:48 PM
16" bbl with an ace stock (even the entry one) is >30"

that's how I have my 9mm set up.

Vandal.
05-03-2011, 2:50 PM
I'm going to be doing a Featureless rifle build soon with the ACE Skeleton Stock myself. You'll be good to go, and you might wanna try a Hammerhead Grip, that's the way I'm going. I'll post pics up soon once my lower gets out of jail.

yeah i will be starting on another build very soon.. one will have BB on it.. and the other one will be featureless.