PDA

View Full Version : Anyway to get Glock 17 thats reinforced for VFG's?

nrakid88
05-03-2011, 11:29 AM
I love my Glock 17. In my mind, it is ALMOST the perfect gun. It has two problems, A) i have to reload it, and B) the plastic frame won't support VFG use.

Let me state the obvious, I doubt there will ever be a gun that works like hollywood portrays and never runs out of ammunition, and second that I know a VFG on a pistol is a AOW, and needs special stamps, plus makes it an Assault Pistol.

Someday I plan on moving out of California and getting the appropriate SBR stamps and engravings so I can use a detachable stock and VFG.

Moving on, is anyone aware of any way to get a Glock 17 frame that has the reinforcements like a G18 frame so that a VFG can be used?

For anyone not sure why this is an issue, its because I DON'T want to end up like THIS GUY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11fcg543Jow

Thanks in advance for any help.

And your welcome for not asking another Glock question thats been asked a million times over.

leelaw
05-03-2011, 11:38 AM
If I recall correctly, the problem with that pistol wasn't that the rails fell off, but that the grip was a cheap airsoft variant and it broke off.

nrakid88
05-03-2011, 11:40 AM
So am I remembering falsely that the Glock 18 has some metalic reinforcement in the frame that prevents it from snapping when a VFG is used?

Oh I hope I had a dumb *** moment!!!

nrakid88
05-03-2011, 3:12 PM
Well, I think I will have to send off to glock for an answer

beretta929mm
05-03-2011, 4:59 PM
What is a VFG? And what is a AOW?

HPGunner
05-03-2011, 5:05 PM
VFG = Verticle Foregrip
AOW = Any Other Weapon

Had to google it myself.

HPGunner
05-03-2011, 5:06 PM
SBR = Short Barrel Rifle

Toolbox X
05-03-2011, 6:11 PM
The VFG in that video is not attached securely. It slides off the end which causes the guy's hand to sweep the muzzle at he fires.

Using a VFG on a Glock without a stock is retarded, pointless and dangerous.

Gio
05-03-2011, 6:30 PM
:eek:

Not the way I want to end my range experience. From what leelaw said it was a crappy airsoft knock off and it slipped off.