PDA

View Full Version : My First .40 S&W

Pred@tor
05-03-2011, 12:17 AM
Look at what I scored yesterday.... FTF 500 bucks at a parking lot in a near by town. :D I love gunlistings.org!

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj203/predatory2k/DSCF0001.jpg
Made in 2009 a Walther PPS! I love it so far and only put two mags through it. Yes that is a clip draw on it. He also threw in custom made holster in the deal. If anyone wants pictures of it I'll get some.

I was debating between this and a 96A1 Beretta. I chose this since I like to carry often and wanted a modern and powerful weapon that was light.

Ubermcoupe
05-03-2011, 7:54 AM
Look at what I scored yesterday.... FTF 500 bucks at a parking lot in a near by town. :D ...

:eek: and then I noticed you were in Missouri...:D Congrats!

stormvet
05-03-2011, 8:34 AM
Very nice Walther PPS, they are interesting side arms. I do not have any first hand dealings with them and must admit am somewhat confused about there trigger system, dont they have different settings or two different types of triggers.

858casper858
05-03-2011, 10:48 AM
Look at what I scored yesterday.... FTF 500 bucks at a parking lot in a near by town. yeah...ummm... you suck.

;)

Sanderhawk
05-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Awsome... Wish I lived in Missouri. Thats the way to buy a gun. No Cali crap.

Oldnoob
05-03-2011, 12:18 PM
Envy...

I'm 40s&w fan myself. Haven't had my first hand experianse with Walter but hear lots good things about them. Enjoy!

zod
05-03-2011, 2:47 PM
Congrats on the new PPS. 40s&w fan also.

Pred@tor
05-03-2011, 4:13 PM
Awsome... Wish I lived in Missouri. Thats the way to buy a gun. No Cali crap.

Yeah I like it out here as a former California resident. You can live in Missouri too! just do what I did. Go into the Air Force and hope you get stationed here lol... I completely lucked out... Sure the weather sucks but its a trade off for everything else.

I know you guys have to deal with the roster and that sucks. This is a great gun to carry and shoot. I am very happy with my purchase and have to get used to the .40S&W I have only had 9mm and below.

Capt Jack
05-03-2011, 5:42 PM
If you can by a handgun in a FTF parking lot cash transaction in that state then...

....there must be mass shooting sprees happening on a daily basis over there :eek:

JK, it must be nice to live in a free state :rolleyes: Oh, and nice gun!

The_Tinman
05-03-2011, 6:32 PM
That's a sweet deal, I'm looking at a a Walther p22 for my next purchase and I can't wait! Try the trick I used for stepping up to .40 S&W, rent a .45, shoot 50 rounds, then admire how the .40 feels like a 9mm in a compact gun(like my LC9).

den888
05-03-2011, 7:27 PM
Congrats!

Bigtwin
05-03-2011, 7:53 PM
Nice find....oh and I hate you too! Stop rubbing it in!

One day ......one day....I too will be able to do what you did!

ZombieTactics
05-03-2011, 7:54 PM
Ahhh ... the parking-lot loophole.

Z_SprizL
05-04-2011, 1:33 AM
I have a P99 AS in .40s&w and love it.

...that clip draw has got to be very concealable

Sanderhawk
05-04-2011, 5:09 AM
That's a sweet deal, I'm looking at a a Walther p22 for my next purchase and I can't wait!.

I just got a walthers p22 and its a fun little gun. I don`t know if it just mine or if they are all like this but my p22 hate hate hates lead nose bullets. It won`t cycle them for nothing. Federal copper jacketed and the rememington golden bullets work alot better and cycle through but I have found that the CCI mini mags work perfect. Just thought I would share so you didn`t think your gun was a POS like I was starting to think mine was. Have fun.

mikaarce
05-04-2011, 6:05 AM
We can only wish here, "parking lot loophole".

ZombieTactics
05-04-2011, 6:20 AM
We can only wish here, "parking lot loophole".

Here we have the "gun store loophole". They are all loopholes ... anything which allows you to buy a gun is a loophole according to some people.

Pred@tor
05-04-2011, 10:31 AM
That's a sweet deal, I'm looking at a a Walther p22 for my next purchase and I can't wait! Try the trick I used for stepping up to .40 S&W, rent a .45, shoot 50 rounds, then admire how the .40 feels like a 9mm in a compact gun(like my LC9).

I saw a P22 for sale in the exchange here its two tone though.

I get pissed when people agree with ending private sales those threads that keep popping up in 2nd Amendment forum I just avoid them now... No hassles no BS just a straight forward transaction. A majority of states do not regulate private sales. Its not a loophole its just capitalism at work between two parties.

So no one else here has a PPS? Has anyone been able to bring in a single shot conversion or fond a cop that got tired of owning one?

BTW this is my first polymer framed and striker fired pistol