PDA

View Full Version : is there any range near LA/Long Beach that maintains its rental fleet?

BigFatGuy
05-02-2011, 9:00 PM
it's effing annoying. Every pistol I want to try is either in need of repair, or they rent it to me and let me figure out that it's not working right...

I'll try Evan's Gun World next week. Hopefully they do a better job of maintenance.

mnishimura00
05-02-2011, 10:03 PM
Insight shooting range in artesia is top notch. I did a transfer there and they are friendly people. Guns are in good shape and decent selection. A fresh of breath air compared to say... sharpshooters. They are dicks.

Bill Carson
05-02-2011, 10:08 PM
Insight shooting range in artesia is top notch. I did a transfer there and they are friendly people. Guns are in good shape and decent selection. A fresh of breath air compared to say... sharpshooters. They are dicks. Yuep

rubber duckie
05-02-2011, 10:17 PM
3+...

FrankPro1
05-02-2011, 10:32 PM
Insight shooting range in artesia is top notch. I did a transfer there and they are friendly people. Guns are in good shape and decent selection. A fresh of breath air compared to say... sharpshooters. They are dicks.

I found a few of Insights rentals in need of some basic upkeep but never in need of repair. The full size XD .45 my buddy rented a couple weeks back was FTE one round every other clip. The USP and MP however performed flawlessly. They do have an excellent range: Nice lighting, solid hangers and top notch ventilation. Also renting one platform gives you access to the rest of their lineup free of charge, a big perk when your looking for the next purchase.

joostin4
05-02-2011, 10:55 PM
+1 on Insight Indoor. Went there for the first time just this past Sunday. Excellent variety in all their pistols. They allow shotguns there too.

One thing to note though. You aren't allowed to come by yourself even if you own you bring your own gun.

cineski
05-03-2011, 6:42 AM
It would help if the OP stated which location he's so frustrated with....

Lumpia is sarap!
05-03-2011, 7:04 AM
What guns are you trying out? There was a moment at my rental range had almost all their guns out of service, except the Glocks. I ended up buying a Glock. Haha.

Ed_Hazard
05-03-2011, 7:12 AM
I've always had good rentals at LAX Range, if their ever was an issue, Nolan the manager was on top of it as soon as it was mentioned.

BigFatGuy
05-03-2011, 9:28 AM
It would help if the OP stated which location he's so frustrated with....

It's more then one, which is why I didn't bother.

The most recent two that come to mind are OC Indoor (I like the range, but they don't maintain their rental guns for crap) and Firing Line.

Both of them have done what I hate the most, which is rent a gun out, and when I come back and complain of a FTE every other round they tell me "yeah, we've had a lot of complaints about this one..."

THEN WHY THE HELL DID YOU LET ME RENT IT?