PDA

View Full Version : ak predriller flat help

NorCalK9.com
05-02-2011, 8:21 PM
ok so i have a flat from ak builder i gotfrom the gunsmith i bought my ak m63 kit from he said it was.the reciever flat for this ak but someone else told me it was crap cause its predrilled is that true.

bigthaiboy
05-02-2011, 8:50 PM
No, not true. I have used the pre-drilled AK-Builder flats and they have lined up with the trunnions just fine, with some minor fitting. You should be OK, but think yourself lucky, at least you weren't given a Tapco flat.

Vanilla Gorilla
05-02-2011, 8:53 PM
No, not true. I have used the pre-drilled AK-Builder flats and they have lined up with the trunnions just fine, with some minor fitting. You should be OK, but think yourself lucky, at least you weren't given a Tapco flat.

are the tapco flats no good?

NorCalK9.com
05-02-2011, 8:59 PM
ok cool bud thanks Im gonna buy a non drilled one as a backup but i was surprised to heat that pre drilled ones werent no good cause the guy i bought the kit from builds aks that are freaking awesome hes from santa barbra ive gptten ar upper parts from him in the past qnd hes always led m in the rite direction.

bigthaiboy
05-02-2011, 9:14 PM
are the tapco flats no good?

No, not really. You usually have to egg out the holes on the flat for it to line up with the trunnions and to get magazines to latch in. Tapco center supports are a complete waste of time, and will collapse on itself because the sleeves are not heat treated.

Vanilla Gorilla
05-02-2011, 9:20 PM
ok not to thread jack but what are good flats to buy then i have never built an AK but i have become interested in building either an AK or an AK pistol here recently

tujungatoes
05-02-2011, 9:22 PM
ok not to thread jack but what are good flats to buy then i have never built an AK but i have become interested in building either an AK or an AK pistol here recently

ak-builder.com (http://www.ak-builder.com) accept no substitutes.

hoozaru
05-02-2011, 11:10 PM
ok so i have a flat from ak builder i gotfrom the gunsmith i bought my ak m63 kit from he said it was.the reciever flat for this ak but someone else told me it was crap cause its predrilled is that true.

whoever told you that is full of crap :D

pre-drilled flat will save you much time. But if you are gonna do a pistol build or have some fancy buttstock, or just have extra time to kill, then you probably should get non-drilled flat.

NorCalK9.com
05-03-2011, 8:49 AM
whoever told you that is full of crap :D

pre-drilled flat will save you much time. But if you are gonna do a pistol build or have some fancy buttstock, or just have extra time to kill, then you probably should get non-drilled flat.

im just doing the normal build with an ugly but original solid stock.

NorCalK9.com
05-03-2011, 9:16 AM
im having ak withdrawals rite now does anyone onow of any local build parties in the east bay area? Also i spent 480 on all my parts the gunsmith already attached the barrel bead blasted all the parts and re did all the furniture the best he could. I actually like the ugly wood over the stuff he was gonna swith me out for looks like theres a bullet indentation on the stock or maybe i just wanna make myself believe that either way i cant wait to shoot this thing.