PDA

View Full Version : Springfield P9 Magazines

Lascaux
05-02-2011, 8:04 PM
Hello all, this is my 1st posting. I enjoy this forum.

I have a Springfield Armory P9 in 9mm. It is a CZ-75 clone. The pistol is marked Geneseo, IL on the frame so I assume that it was manufactured by SA and is not an import made by Tanfoglio. I would like to buy some extra magazines for the P9, but can not find 10 rounders specific for the P9. I have seen in the Midway catalog that EAA sells 10 round 9mm magazines for the Witness. Are any of you familiar enough with the SA P9 to know whether or not the magazines for the EAA Witness in 9mm are compatible?

Thanks for your help.

zfields
05-02-2011, 8:14 PM
quoted from THR

The story on the P9 is, it's a "clone" of the CZ-75.
Like almost all such near-copies, the base gun was actually made in Italy by Tanfoglio, and assembled and finished by the Pre-bankruptcy Springfield Armory.

Tanfoglio has made either complete guns, or has supplied the basic parts for:
The Springfield Armory P9
The Israeli Baby Eagle.
The FIE TZ 75.
The Excam TA
The European American Armory Witness, (EAA).
The Swiss Action Arms AT-84/88 series.
The Gambia SAB G90
And others.

The Springfield P9 version was one of the best versions, being somewhat better built and finished than the others.

These are excellent pistols, and owners usually rave about the good quality.

9mmepiphany
05-03-2011, 3:35 PM
To answer your question, the mags should be inter-changable as they are the same gun... and it was an import made by Tanfoglio

railroader
05-03-2011, 5:13 PM
Make sure you get witness small frame mags. The 9mm witness come in two frame sizes now but I'm not sure if there are large frame 10 round 9mm mags.

Lascaux
05-03-2011, 9:07 PM
Thanks for the replies. I'll make sure I get the magazines for the small frame. I was wondering if there were 2 frame sizes since the Witness can be had in .45 and 10mm also.

Icypu
05-03-2011, 9:18 PM
Also note that the Armscor MAP and MAPP1 have the same tanfoglio ancestry as your P9. This means you can use their mags as well. Mags for the Baby Eagle that I own also work. Now MAPP1 are California legal and are the pretty much only Tanfoglio's you can buy new in CA.