View Full Version : Question about sights for an M&P

05-02-2011, 5:27 PM
Hey there guys,

Just a quick question I am hoping some folks here with better knowledge can help me out with.

I plan on picking up a new M&P this month and want to get a fiber optic front sight. My range master has a line on those cool laserlyte rear sight laser deals. I shot his and loved it.

So my plan is to replace the rear sight with that thing and put a fiber optic front sight on it.

Can anyone recommend a night F.O. Front sight?

Thanks a lot guys

05-02-2011, 7:32 PM
night f.o? If you mean tritium night sights then i would go ether truglo or meprolights.

05-02-2011, 7:35 PM
There is a truglo that is a hybrid fiber optic tritium night sight. They actually come on the Sig p220 equinox. I've seen it, looks good. Not as bright at night as a conventional tritium, but look good during the day.

I believe it is the only hybrid that I know of. The Dawson precision fiber optics are on both of my M&Ps and I really like them. Got comments from several people on how bright they are. Not questioning your need/want for night sights (to each his own), but for me I will be using a flashlight in low light. If it's so dark that I need glow in the dark sights, then I am probably not able to identify my target. My fiber optics glow bright in even low light.

05-03-2011, 10:05 AM
+1 on kodemonkey's comment on the tru-glo TFO. I don't own it, but it looks like a good sight. You can find a set of those for about 100 bucks(give or take 20).

If you want the laserlyte rear, and end up getting it, post some pics of the sight picture you get with your F/O front and Laserlyte rear.

I also have Dawson F/O on one of my M&P's, but I'm going with night sights for the other, and also on my future 9c.

I've been looking at these for night sights: