PDA

View Full Version : waiting is killing me

leroux
05-02-2011, 6:14 PM
on may 5th i get my new xd 40 sub......my first gun. The wait is driving me insane. Everywhere i go i see, read, and hear people talking, shopping or advertising guns.
I wait years to get the opportunity to buy wine, expensive wine, stuff im not even going to drink for years. And i ok with that. But this 10 day stuff is racking my brain.
anyone else feel my pain.....im sure someone on here can spare a bullet and end my suffering.

bline01
05-02-2011, 6:23 PM
check out the handgun wait support thread...you are not alone.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=131544

solomon
05-02-2011, 6:35 PM
hey brothah! my guns gettin outta jail on cinco de mayo too! hey man try not to sweat it too much. i've been waiting on this gun for almost 45 days now. to be honest, the waits been killing me too haha. just a few more days now. anyway, i dont have any mags right now so im crossing my fingers for the mag shipment to arrive before dros is over, but its looking kinda slim right now =(. congrats on the new purchase though!

bcpucky
05-02-2011, 7:13 PM
The wait IS brutal, but the bright side of it is you can spend that time learning about the particular piece you are going to get. Like the history, how-to maintenance, other owners reviews/tips, favorite accessories eg lights/lasers. Youtube for this stuff is great.

It's also like a being a kid again and having to wait for Christmas and the whole delayed gratification thing.

bcpucky
05-02-2011, 7:15 PM
Why did you choose that particular gun, btw? What drew you to it? That line of pistols does look awesome.

CrossedRifles
05-02-2011, 7:35 PM
I found out the best thing to do, is to get indulged in work / video games / exercise for the 10 day wait.

plankowner
05-03-2011, 6:32 AM
don't worry the more you buy the easier the wait gets ,and you will buy more after your first one........naw just kidding the wait always suck

leroux
05-03-2011, 6:49 AM
BC PUCKY....i chose the sub for a few reasons. one is it fits my wife's hand great without the extension and she is comfortable with it. my buddy has the same one. second, i do a lot of backpacking and went for something smaller but still packed a punch. as far as Springfield over anything else, i just feel it fits my hand better and love the safety's. I am sure i will buy a glock at some point but for now. this is it

whipkiller
05-03-2011, 9:05 AM
The first gun is the worst ten days! You're almost there dude, I remember the wait on my first one was excruciating. I was there tapping my foot and looking at my watch waiting for the time on my paperwork to tick tock.

McTerry
05-03-2011, 10:59 AM
I just went down to the shop and asked to look at it every day while I waited. After the third day I started bringing donuts and coffee for the owner and employee who opened. Actually learned more during the ten day wait than I did with a month of research prior to purchasing...

626Tony
05-03-2011, 11:01 AM
forget the 10day the 30 day is killa

RandoCammando
05-03-2011, 11:10 AM
I just went down to the shop and asked to look at it every day while I waited. After the third day I started bringing donuts and coffee for the owner and employee who opened. Actually learned more during the ten day wait than I did with a month of research prior to purchasing...

LMAO Awesome

nbkvig2
05-03-2011, 11:27 AM
It definitely gets more easier as you buy more guns. I try to plan out my 10 days with something to look forward to besides picking up the gun. So sometimes, picking up a gun is almost like a BONUS to my week or something. With that said, picking up my Ruger Mark III Stainless tomorow! :p

intheknow
05-03-2011, 12:10 PM
on may 5th i get my new xd 40 sub......my first gun. The wait is driving me insane. Everywhere i go i see, read, and hear people talking, shopping or advertising guns.
I wait years to get the opportunity to buy wine, expensive wine, stuff im not even going to drink for years. And i ok with that. But this 10 day stuff is racking my brain.
anyone else feel my pain.....im sure someone on here can spare a bullet and end my suffering.

may 4th for me.... hahaha

West coast
05-03-2011, 12:16 PM
Me too. It is killing me. I wil pickup my Remington 700 Tactical and a Glock 26. On 5/5/11.

whipkiller
05-03-2011, 12:49 PM
forget the 10day the 30 day is killa

I've never been able to afford that problem!

Sanderhawk
05-03-2011, 12:54 PM
I had to wait 40 days for mine. Waited so long damn near forgot I bought it

Joe
05-03-2011, 1:00 PM
The ten day wait sucks. But I have noticed the more guns I've bought the easier it seems to be. While waiting for the new guns I just fondle a different gun.

leroux, did you shoot the xd40 sub before buying it? just curious?