PDA

View Full Version : Blackthorne? Yeah, I know. I still have a question

wash
05-02-2011, 4:13 PM
There are some parts I can't find anywhere else.

Normally they sell them as part of a complete upper or full AR kit. They do not list them separately on their web site.

I sent them an email inquiring about it, haven't heard back yet.

Has anyone here been successful with a similar request?

I'm seriously considering airsoft as an option if Blackthorne doesn't pan out...

Thanks for the help.

ElvenSoul
05-02-2011, 4:17 PM
Do a WTB on Calguns list you location and what you are looking for...just might be surprised.

five.five-six
05-02-2011, 4:19 PM
vulcan is a kitchen table operation, and there seems to be a lot of booze on that kitchen table. you will hear back from him when he gets to it

wash
05-02-2011, 4:23 PM
vulcan is a kitchen table operation, and there seems to be a lot of booze on that kitchen table. you will hear back from him when he gets to it
That's why I'm surprised that he's the only one beside Colt that can get together LMG uppers (I know they aren't the real thing...).

tomd1584
05-02-2011, 4:31 PM
what parts are you trying to get?

wash
05-02-2011, 4:40 PM
A LMG carry handle/VFG mounting block with carry handle and VFG, LMG bull barrel gas block, LMG bipod assembly (it might be M240 parts).

So everything in front of the delta ring on an LMG minus the barrel, hand guards and flash hider.

bigthaiboy
05-02-2011, 7:54 PM
Have you tried phoning them?
(952) 232 5832
Monday - Friday, 12:00 - 4:00 Central

wash
05-03-2011, 9:15 AM
Yes I have, during business hours and I got a voice mail system which mostly said we are going to charge you 5% more if you don't pay by check, money order or do an online order with credit card.

Evidently they don't want to answer the phone.

Lead Waster
05-03-2011, 9:25 AM
Yes I have, during business hours and I got a voice mail system which mostly said we are going to charge you 5% more if you don't pay by check, money order or do an online order with credit card.

Evidently they don't want to answer the phone.

Sounds like a great business model ;) Now what happens if you buy parts and need customer service?

wash
05-03-2011, 11:26 AM
Yeah, I know, read the thread title.

I'm sure they will probably be a pain in the *** but I'm not in a huge hurry.

When my other alternative is airsoft, I want to give them a chance, if there is any chance that they can come through with the parts.

I don't want to spend the $3,000+ that a real deal Colt upper would cost when I'm only going to use the small parts.

wash
05-04-2011, 10:50 AM
So I got a response.

It was hard to find, it got caught by my spam filter.

It was an auto reply from their spam filter. I guess they want to make it hard for their disappointed customers to spam them.

I have decided that I'm not going to buy the upper from them.

Blackthorne/Vulcan/Hesse, worse than Airsoft.

I'm disapointed, I actually have a Vulcan AR lower that has worked perfectly and assembled easily, I was hoping that it was possible to deal with them, I guess not.