PDA

View Full Version : Bullet Button

sacccw
05-02-2011, 10:34 AM
I have heard from someone I trust, and feel free to dismiss if you wish, that the Cal DOJ firearms division is currently re-writing the law on the bullet button on "assault weapons". That in fact they will be making it a requirement to have a tool (beyond just sticking something into the recessed release) to release and replace a magazine.

Has anyone else heard about this or know any information? It may be around the end of summertime when it comes out.

Exile Machine
05-02-2011, 10:47 AM
Sounds fishy. The legislature writes the laws. The DOJ does not.

xSARSx
05-02-2011, 10:50 AM
havent heard of anything. but if that was the case it would be outrageous to even own a rifle at that point. what if zombies come, what am i to do then? :D

sacccw
05-02-2011, 10:53 AM
Sounds fishy. The legislature writes the laws. The DOJ does not.

Perhaps, but doesn't the Legislature solicit input from the DOJ when it comes to writing firearm laws? Perhaps that was a poor turn-of-phrase, but the point is, the Legislature doesn't necessarily work in a vacuum on laws it writes.

Uxi
05-02-2011, 11:10 AM
Depends. If the legislature tries such a thing, will they open another round of registrations? If so, it allows you to rid of the BB entirely. But, many guys in the 2nd Amendment (where this belongs) forum say JB is a friend and won't sign such a thing...

tenpercentfirearms
05-02-2011, 11:11 AM
I bet it is FUD. However, if they do try such a thing, we will be right here ready to fight it.

sacccw
05-02-2011, 11:23 AM
Apologies for the wrong thread (CF Rifles vs. 2A)...

Librarian
05-02-2011, 11:39 AM
I would not discount that an effort to create such a law may be made.

It would have to be introduced to the legislature. It's pretty much too late to do that for this year, so if it's going to come, it most likely would be January, 2012 at the earliest.