PDA

View Full Version : Ma-Ten or CMMG side Charge no more armalite..

duc748bip
05-01-2011, 10:42 PM
I'm going to dros a Mega MA-TEN matched lower and upper. Can I transplant all the upper part from the Armalite AR-10 complete upper, barrel extension, barrel nut... etc.
Looks like a narrow hammer is needed.. if i use Armalite carrier, but will i get into much trouble if i use such none standard part if i want to upgrade my trigger.

:confused:

thanks

Norsemen308
05-01-2011, 10:55 PM
dont do either one... very very very limited with a ma-ten or armalite upper, a .308 is expensive enough, going to a Ar-10...set up is even more expensive, get a cmmg dpms compatible lower and be miles ahead...

Mute
05-02-2011, 6:34 AM
The MA-Ten upper requires a DPMS barrel nut. All the remaining upper parts are fine. The lower parts for a MA-Ten requires standard AR-15 parts. FYI, when I built mine, I used a barrel with an Armalite extension matched up with an Armalite BCG.

goodlookin1
05-02-2011, 7:06 AM
Isnt the MA-TEN DPMS compatible, other than the upper/lower receiver fit?

Maybe i'm mistaken....

thrillhouse700
05-02-2011, 10:04 AM
dont do either one... very very very limited with a ma-ten or armalite upper, a .308 is expensive enough, going to a Ar-10...set up is even more expensive, get a cmmg dpms compatible lower and be miles ahead...

Limited how?

If you use an armalite barrel ext just make sure you use an armalite BCG.
Lower is ar-15 parts kit but use a dpms 308 bolt catch.

The lower is compatible with any mags, I use pmags in mine.

The only thing you are limited on with the ma ten is the handgaurd because, like stated above, it is dpms threads.

duc748bip
05-03-2011, 1:34 AM
Thanks I guess its better to aquire the parts piece by piece. I been wanting a 308 AR for ages but always got side tracked. And if I have 3k for a complete rifle. I probably go for a SCAR instead. Anyway this will be my first complete from the ground up build, and not the usual 20min putting in the LPK and pinning the upper on. So let see how this goes ;)

ElvenSoul
05-03-2011, 1:40 AM
Keep us updaged...sounds like fun!

duc748bip
05-03-2011, 10:03 PM
Having two different pattern is a headache AR-10 vs SR25.
Well it has come down to this: CMMG MK-3 and 24" HBAR with Fulton side charging upper. Add PRS and 12X scope. I like side-charge because it will be a bench gun.
or the original MA-TEN with 20", 6x scope and UBR. And it might get off the bench once a while ;)