PDA

View Full Version : sks 922r part count

maguiver77
05-01-2011, 10:06 PM
Hello, I have a sks that I am putting a bullpub stock on it. The stock counts as 2 parts, I was going to change the gas rod(1) and then take out the trigger because this kit has some sort of adapter. Is this legal Technically I brought the part count down to 10. I guess my question is do you have to replace a part for part, or removing it all together does that count as a part reduction? Thanks in advance.

SinisterBud
05-01-2011, 10:24 PM
U just cant remove a part.(u can remove it) but doesn't count towards 922r. U have to replace with a us made part. To count. If its a yugo u need to replace 5 or more parts. any other would be 4.

SinisterBud
05-01-2011, 10:31 PM
One way is a tapco fixed mag that will count as 2 parts. It say they count as 3 992r parts but they dont its 2. Tapco says a sks has 20 992r parts and they dont.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=491747

bigthaiboy
05-02-2011, 10:45 AM
Hello, I have a sks that I am putting a bullpub stock on it. The stock counts as 2 parts, I was going to change the gas rod(1) and then take out the trigger because this kit has some sort of adapter. Is this legal Technically I brought the part count down to 10. I guess my question is do you have to replace a part for part, or removing it all together does that count as a part reduction? Thanks in advance.

Yes, you are good to go if your rifle is a regular SKS (14 imported parts). If it's a Yugo M59/66, then the original grenade launcher brings the total imported parts count to 15 (unless it has been removed or replaced with US muzzle brake for CA compliance. Some M59/66's were bought into CA with the original grenade launcher de-activated, so these still count as an imported part).

922(r) is concerned with the total number of imported parts on a rifle, not how many US parts are on there.

triggs75
05-02-2011, 12:38 PM
Maybe this thread in another forum will help you out. There is a spreadsheet in the first post which I used to help me convert mine over.

http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=1632.0

Chad

CSACANNONEER
05-02-2011, 12:47 PM
The US stock doesn't count for any parts. It's really the lack of 2 imported parts that matters. I don't really understand why more people can't seem to grasp the concept that 922(r) says 10 imported parts or less. There is no requirement to keep the parts count of the rifle the same by installing a US part every time an imported part is removed from the build. In other words, I can take an AK and remove the PG and muzzle attachment and I have two less parts to deal with. I don't have to replace them with anything.

maguiver77
05-05-2011, 12:47 PM
So If I remove the trigger and dont replace it, I just brought the count down by 1. I dont need to replace it either. Do I have this correct?

rromeo
05-05-2011, 1:04 PM
US parts count doesn't really matter. You can have 100 US parts and am illegal firearm. You can have 1 part and be legal.