PDA

View Full Version : pig vs pelletgun

Q
11-25-2006, 12:34 PM
this is a must see video! i don't know how old ths video is but it was neat. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVX0y2Pcj_s
i used to have a break open and got a lot of sparrows with it.
i used the flat pellets. these alloys are amazing!
in the video it looks like he has a silencer on his pelletgun? would this be legal since it is not a firearm?

CalNRA
11-25-2006, 12:52 PM
it's not a suppresor, it's the cocking handle on the barrel. I owned one for a while and sold it since it was loud as hell and defeats the purpose of an air gun.

M. Sage
11-25-2006, 9:23 PM
Wow, they list the PBA in only .177 caliber.

Where did he shoot that thing for such a quick kill? In the head? Had to be. They're only listing these at around 20 ft/lbs of force at muzzle-10 yards.

He musta had a guy with a real gun backing him up. Not something I'd try.

NeoWeird
11-25-2006, 9:48 PM
Game makes some nice rifles. I had their Hunter 440 (still do, but it's gotten beaten up and I rarely use it) and I could take Pigeons at 75 yards. You just have to be careful as even with a Pellet gun I had trouble taking Chickens with direct head shots. Hunting with a pellet gun is actually pretty cruel on anything larger than small game, as it doesn't seem to kill most of the time. The only advantage I can see the Pellet having over traditional ammo is that it's got great penetration potential and they can use metals other than lead in it.

Gamo also has an airshotgun that I just started seeing recently. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one to try out.

metalhead357
11-26-2006, 12:32 AM
Good God.....I'm not seeing a blood trail off the body even....I wonder if he got it THROUGH the ear the way the angle was..........:confused:

Definitely not legal in California; but I agree, I think/hope this guy was backed up by someone with an actual firearm!!!!!!!!

bu-bye
11-26-2006, 1:28 AM
Hmmm i'll have to read up on that.

I knew a guy who used to take pigs with nothing more then a knife. He would find a pig path and lay down next to it. When the pig walked by he would roll over and jump on its back and shank the thing. He was one crazy SOB. He was also former Military and 6'-5" 275lbs. He used to do the same for deer too.

Q
11-26-2006, 5:44 AM
Hmmm i'll have to read up on that.

I knew a guy who used to take pigs with nothing more then a knife. He would find a pig path and lay down next to it. When the pig walked by he would roll over and jump on its back and shank the thing. He was one crazy SOB. He was also former Military and 6'-5" 275lbs. He used to do the same for deer too.

hahaha. crocodile dundee!

at first i thought someguy off camera shot the thing with a tranquilizer because it dropped so fast.

11-26-2006, 7:59 AM
Now that a powerful little pellet gun. Sure beats my daisy Red Rider I grew up on.