PDA

View Full Version : Popped Cherry on New Tikka 308,Range Reprot

diego-ted
05-01-2011, 5:24 PM
Well the rifle most definintly out performs the shooter, but we all new that!! All @ 100 yards

This group is with Federal American Eagle 150gr

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/diego-ted/DSC01024.jpg

And this group is with Prvi 168 gr Match.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/diego-ted/DSC01020.jpg

I was getting ready to load the Federal Match and then I saw this!!:eek:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/diego-ted/DSC01031.jpg

Needless to say I a bummed, you can only see one, but there are two sheared torx screws, serves me right for buying the used rings? Well I got a new set of rings comming in and will have to re-sight, oh well. I am giddy as all heck with the way she shoots as the groups looked like whats above all day long, and with crappy ammo to boot!!

All the Thanks to BigBamBoo for walking me though everything.

Diego

Diego

osis32
05-01-2011, 5:53 PM
What kind of tikka? I'm eyeing the sporter once it becomes more readily available.

sonnyt650
05-01-2011, 6:02 PM
Wow really nice groups -- I'm starting to hate you. ;)

diego-ted
05-01-2011, 6:15 PM
What kind of tikka? I'm eyeing the sporter once it becomes more readily available.

This one!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/diego-ted/DSC01013.jpg

308 Varmint

Diego

osis32
05-01-2011, 6:45 PM
Pretty sweet bud. Now you gotta stretch the legs.

ZX-10R
05-01-2011, 6:51 PM
Very nice shooting.

BigBamBoo
05-01-2011, 6:53 PM

diego-ted
05-01-2011, 8:13 PM
Hey Ted....that's good stuff right there! Congrats....and welcome to the Tikka club.

Take care,Stan

OH Yea, I am a Believer and will become an advocate. I owe it all to you otherwise I would just have another Remmy!! Not that there is anything wrong with that!! LOL

Diego

goodlookin1
05-01-2011, 8:18 PM
Nice stuff!

If only you reloaded, you would REALLY get to see what the Tikka can do! Cut my groups in half with my 30-06 T3 Lite down to 0.60 - 0.75 MOA @ 100 Yards. I'd love to see what that bull barrel'ed varminter could do!

diego-ted
05-02-2011, 6:26 AM
Nice stuff!

If only you reloaded, you would REALLY get to see what the Tikka can do! Cut my groups in half with my 30-06 T3 Lite down to 0.60 - 0.75 MOA @ 100 Yards. I'd love to see what that bull barrel'ed varminter could do!

I have an RCBS kit on order! I have to learn how to devlop loads. However I haven't even shot the Fed match ammo yet? I am hoping to get some good results with those. Did I say I love my Tikka! LOL

Diego

edlacy
05-02-2011, 7:00 AM
Did I say I love my Tikka! LOL

Diego

You're going to be saying that a lot, the more you shoot it. Welcome to the "Tikka Club".:D:D:D

goodlookin1
05-02-2011, 8:17 AM
I have an RCBS kit on order! I have to learn how to devlop loads. However I haven't even shot the Fed match ammo yet? I am hoping to get some good results with those. Did I say I love my Tikka! LOL

Diego

I honestly dont know if they will shoot more accurately. I think match ammo is often a waste when using from a Bolt gun. I mean, they might be a little better than the cheap federal crap stuff, but really....when you neck size the cases that have been shot from YOUR gun, it is much more "Taylor Made" to your chamber. And you can find the appropriate seating depth, choose the powder that works the best, most consistent primers, the specific bullet that your barrel likes the best given the twist rate, ability to control the run-out, etc, etc. It goes on and on.

I've made more accurate rounds using the cheapest of components by reloading vs buying the most expensive match grade ammo. The reason is because that match grade ammo still has to fit a wide plethora of chambers, and the tolerances are much looser. When you use your own brass, its fire formed to your chamber (assuming you've shot it out of your rifle before).

Anyways, glad you're reloading....you'll LOVE the results. Make SURE you have a neck sizer for the brass that was shot from your rifle. Only use a full length sizer for brass to be used in a Semi Auto rifle or for resizing brass that was fired from a different rifle.

Good luck!