PDA

View Full Version : XD help in Sacramento! Need a Striker Retainer Pin ASAP

joe_sun
05-01-2011, 2:53 PM
Update on post #8

Help!

My family is leaving for Frontsight Academy on Saturday the 7th and Grandfather's XD blew up the Striker Retaining pin at the range yesterday.

http://xdguys.com/shoppingcart/products.php?product=OEM-%23-35-%252d-Striker-Retainer-Pin

Anyone know where I can get one before Thursday? I need to get the gun back together and tested before we leave Saturday morning.

THANKS!

Jon

zfields
05-01-2011, 2:57 PM
Most specialy hardware stores have taper pins. I cant remember the size but its nothing special, just a metric sized pin.

EDIT: Where in norcal are you, I can point you in the right direction if your in sonoma county.

zfields
05-01-2011, 3:10 PM
it's a 3mm x 16mm roll pin

I think even ace hardware sells them!

Carsgunsandchics
05-01-2011, 3:41 PM

If not there then try a OSH. They typically have an extensive parts bin area they will probably be in the labeled drawers.

Sunday
05-01-2011, 4:21 PM

I picked up some pins there.

joe_sun
05-01-2011, 5:13 PM
Thanks I had seen someone say it's a 3m x 16 on another forum but then someone posted that it didn't work.

I'll see if I can give one a call to have them check first before I drive out there.

joe_sun
05-02-2011, 3:18 PM
Ace Hardware off Kiefer didn't have them.

joe_sun
05-04-2011, 9:50 PM
Okay final story, 4 Ace Hardwares didn't have them, neither did 2 Lowes, 1 Osh and 4 specialty fastener stores I called.

Springfield Armory wouldn't overnight one but they snail mailed me a few

I placed an order with XD Guys and asked in the order if they could overnight them but they never got back to me after many emails and a phone call.

So

I placed an order with McMaster Carr today. 200 for $11.00.. overnight shipping was $30.00... damn

Anyway I'm going to have some extras...

redcliff
05-05-2011, 2:15 AM
Probably could of got a roll pin assortment set from Harbor Freight and found one that would fit with a little filing to length. Would of held you over till a real one came in :)

zfields
05-05-2011, 6:23 AM
Okay final story, 4 Ace Hardwares didn't have them, neither did 2 Lowes, 1 Osh and 4 specialty fastener stores I called.

Springfield Armory wouldn't overnight one but they snail mailed me a few

I placed an order with XD Guys and asked in the order if they could overnight them but they never got back to me after many emails and a phone call.

So

I placed an order with McMaster Carr today. 200 for $11.00.. overnight shipping was $30.00... damn

Anyway I'm going to have some extras...

You have some very crappy specialty fastener stores. I could sent ya one for cheaper : P

joe_sun
05-05-2011, 6:56 AM
I wouldn't trust a HF pin in there since we're about to run the gun hard next week.

I was really surprised how nobody I called had them in stock.. even Fasenal doesn't have them.

I did find quite a few places that sold 1/8 pins but from reading on the XD forums the 1/8 pin is no bueno to use so I passed.

joe_sun
05-05-2011, 6:57 AM
You have some very crappy specialty fastener stores. I could sent ya one for cheaper : P

Now you tell me!

Oh well what's done is done, I'll get them today, put the gun back together tonight and hopefully we'll be good to go for next week.