PDA

View Full Version : Is there somewhere in So Cal to buy RIA 1911 9mm tactical?

DoubleDose
05-01-2011, 12:47 PM
I realize this would require going through the single shot exemption. It seems there are shops doing this in Nor Cal but are there any in So Cal? I would like a 1911 in 9mm but do not want to pay $1000+ for it. I like the features of the tactical model so converting a 38 super may not work unless I really want to replace a bunch of parts (which I do not). Any suggestions or ideas?

DoubleDose
05-01-2011, 5:47 PM
Ok...Did I say something wrong. I have used the search and found that Valkyrie in Milpitas and some other one in Sacramento or Tracy does sell these but nothing for So Cal. Nobody here has any ideas, suggestions, comments??

darmog
05-01-2011, 6:08 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=383692&highlight=single+shot+shops

A list that may help you at least find a shop that'll receive a SSE.

Ripon83
05-01-2011, 6:09 PM
Look up the single shot conversion list. I don't recall where it is, but I can't imagine the only shops on it are nor cal....

DoubleDose
05-01-2011, 6:44 PM
Thanks guys. That link is helpful. I am curious that the shops that offer this as a service are no farther south than Lompoc or Bakersfield. I guess I could buy one from the "out of state" that is listed then have it shipped to Bright Spot or High Impact. Just seems strange that there are none that offer this as a service that are really in So Cal. Curious.

JanG
05-01-2011, 6:49 PM
maybe your shops don't like guns not on the roster as much as nor cal shops :D

good luck on your search.

DoubleDose
05-01-2011, 6:52 PM
Except it looks like the out of state listed "Table Rock Arms" does not stock any handguns? Do you purchase from another dealer then send to them for conversion then send to your ffl? Or will they get you the gun you want, do the conversion then ship to your ffl. I guess I will have to call them and see what this is all about. Ok then has anyone used this company and has a little more info for clarity? Thanks again for your guys help.

DoubleDose
05-01-2011, 6:53 PM
maybe your shops don't like guns not on the roster as much as nor cal shops :D

good luck on your search.

Yeah. Seems strange huh? Thanks.

tonelar
05-01-2011, 7:28 PM
Contact table rock. Ive not used him, but have heard positive reviews about his business.

NoCal Rules!!!

navraster
05-02-2011, 1:13 AM
The shop at the Angeles Range has recently started advertising that he will be doing single-shot pistols.

dousan
05-02-2011, 6:59 AM
I just used table rock arms for my fnp-45 tactical
Yes
You buy gun fromAnother place (unless tra can get for you-ask)
The biz ships to table rock
Table rock makes it ss
They ship to ffl (I did mine at riflegear)
Send back ss parts to table rock
Done

Email them they reply fast and are very helpful and friendly!

rogervzv
05-02-2011, 7:02 AM
I do not know why it is, but shops down here in Southern California look at me blank-faced or worse when I ask about processing a firearm via Single Shot Exemption. None of them seem knowledgeable about it, and they act as though it is pretty disreputable. Too bad, as I would pay a premium for the new Ruger SR1911 if there were a legal way to buy one via the SSE. No joy though. For the hassle involved I could buy a Les Baer as cheaply and I may do so.:eek:

Mute
05-02-2011, 7:27 AM
The shop at the Angeles Range has recently started advertising that he will be doing single-shot pistols.

I saw that notice at Angeles also. Have to call them and find out the details.

Kelvrick
05-02-2011, 9:25 AM
Ok...Did I say something wrong. I have used the search and found that Valkyrie in Milpitas and some other one in Sacramento or Tracy does sell these but nothing for So Cal. Nobody here has any ideas, suggestions, comments??

Care to share the name of the place in Sacramento or Tracy? I thought the closest one to me was in Woodland.

DoubleDose
05-02-2011, 1:32 PM
I do not recall exactly and cannot seem to find the post now. It may have been tracy rifle and pistol that advertises here on Calguns but now sure sorry. Give them a call and see.