PDA

View Full Version : VZ58 jamming...Help!

1forall
05-01-2011, 9:30 AM
I have a Czechpoint VZ58 that I purchased from turners over a year ago. Great rifle but it seems to jam alot. It FTF at some point in each mag and it's annoying as heck. It has the fixed magazine that was modified for turners, so no mag removal even with a tool. So it makes correcting the jams even that much more difficult. Besides buying and installing the tool mag release to make it easier to clear the jams, what can I do to maybe alleviate/lessen the number of FTFs?

FeuerFrei
05-01-2011, 10:44 AM
Eliminate ammo, mag and lube from the equation.
Swapping out the mag for another with the release tool is smart.
I am assuming you shoot standard steel cased ammo through it.
Properly lubed bolt carrier?

1forall
05-01-2011, 11:03 AM
@FeuerFrei...Thanks for responding. Yeah, it was lubed fairly well. I have used only brass cased ammo so far. I've tried Fiocchi and some yugo surplus, both with the same results. Also all FMJ no HP.

FeuerFrei
05-01-2011, 11:19 AM
Years ago when I bought my first WASR 10/63 and it came with a 10/30 mag and it did NOT feed reliably from day one. I had pre ban 30rd mags already and used them. No problems.
I know the AK/WASR is not a VZ but bad mags and poor lube causes these problems the most.
VZ doesn't get a lot of press but I think they are superior to the AK design. IMHO.

dshortone
05-06-2011, 11:00 PM
I read somewhere that occasionally the brass ammo won't cycle as well, due to the softer composition. If you have the chance, maybe try some steel cased ammo? True or not, I don't know. Not to gloat, but to this point, mine hasn't had any issues.