PDA

View Full Version : Oh no, not again. Saiga 922R question.

sammy
05-01-2011, 7:51 AM
I am sure this has been gone over MANY times but I am still a bit confused.

After having a bit of a buzz and credit card in hand I ordered a Siaga 7.62x39 last night.

My idea is to have the gun in compliance but as stock as possible. I would like to be able to use my old AK mags but have rebuilt a few with Tapco parts which would be used in the Saiga only so that counts as one US part.

Two questions: What do I need to modify on the gun to make it accept the Tapco mags? Second, what parts should I change out to make the rifle compliant. The cheaper the better. Thanks Sammy

tujungatoes
05-01-2011, 8:07 AM
You need to install a bullet guide, and (possibly)modify the mag catch to accept AK mags.

Then replace 4 parts with US made ones. My first thought would be trigger, hammer, disconnector, and maybe a mag floorplate. However since you intend to keep it stocker-style you cant use the tapco trigger.

I suppose you might go US mags only, and swap the gas piston.:shrug:

imarangemaster
05-01-2011, 8:25 AM
USe Tapco trigger and disconnector, Tapco piston, and US made handguard like SGM or Tapco (no modifications needed). Then you can use any legal preban AK mag with a bullet guide.

ElvenSoul
05-01-2011, 10:31 AM
I tried that before...you will be hapier with Ak mags and a full AK Conversion...then just featureless the pistol grip.

sammy
05-01-2011, 2:09 PM
I tried that before...you will be hapier with Ak mags and a full AK Conversion...then just featureless the pistol grip.

If I do the full conversion I will need to modify the mags to 10 rounds and use a bullet button. My idea is to use it for tac rifle matches.

tuna quesadilla
05-01-2011, 2:15 PM
If I do the full conversion I will need to modify the mags to 10 rounds and use a bullet button. My idea is to use it for tac rifle matches.

^^^