PDA

View Full Version : One Last Question (hopefully)

RedDawnFREEDOM
04-30-2011, 8:00 PM
I can't seem to find a whole lot about them, but is Del-Ton a reliable company? I'd rather not get gipped out of a good chunk of cash.

Reductio
04-30-2011, 8:09 PM
Good cheap stuff, go for it.

dieselpower
04-30-2011, 8:25 PM
its ok gear. nothing unsafe about it. You may need to swap out some parts earlier then others. Nothing to get worried about.

Ding126
04-30-2011, 8:28 PM
I would say Stag at a minimum...good quality for the money. The lower is not as important as the upper. The upper does all the work

jonyg
04-30-2011, 8:30 PM
Delton is good. Haven't heard many complaints other than from the "only Colt/Noveske/LMT will ever work in an emergency" crowd. Sure, the quality won't be as nice, but it'll be safe. Won't blow up on you or anything

MrPlink
05-01-2011, 12:03 AM
Delton is good. Haven't heard many complaints other than from the "only Colt/Noveske/LMT will ever work in an emergency" crowd.

thats because you forgot to add BCM to that crowd!

but yeah, Delton is just fine.

Rock_Islander
05-01-2011, 1:51 AM
I recently purchased a Del-Ton complete upper (which is called a "Barrel Assembly" on their website) and I went with the "Custom 16-Inch Midlength Barrel Assembly". I ordered it a month ago and it should be shipping soon, so if I don't have it soon, it should be here in the next few weeks. I'll give a range report and some pics when I get it and shoot it.

I bought it for the price point, I'm paying $535 + shipping. My upper consisted of the Yankee Hill Machine Free Float Quad-Rail in midlength, 16-inch Midlength Lightweight Chrome Lined 1x9 Barrel, F-Marked FSB, A2 Flash Hider, Standard M4 Feed Ramps, and Standard BCG. I'm slapping this complete upper (with the Daniel Defense A1.5 Rear Sight mounted) on to a Foliage "dressed" lower (Foliage CTR, Enhanced Recoil Pad for CTR, Foliage MIAD, and I have some Tango Down Foliage Rail Covers for the Quad-Rail up front when it arrives) and I'm pretty excited.

I also own the completely Mil-Spec M4 (16-inch of course though) from Spikes Tactical. I love it, I added a bunch of Magpul furniture and an Aimpoint Micro-Dot and it's super light and fast. I also own a heavy barrel match grade Olympic Arms target rifle with a 3-12x (30mm) scope on it.