PDA

View Full Version : Beretta 96 INOX, Cal legal

JanZ
04-30-2011, 7:36 PM
These are hard to get here so I thought I'd share the wealth incase you are lusting after a stainless Beretta 40 like I was

I just did the DROS paperwork for a Beretta 96 INOX Semi-Auto Pistol - 40 SW - Hogue Rubber Grips - Stainless Finish - 10RD - JS960510 CALIFORNIA LEGAL!!! For $621! plus $80 DROS at my FFL here's the seller link http://www.lowpriceguns.com/product.php_404936

Since my receving FFL is an indoor range as well I got to test drive the new toy, now I need to work up a good accuracy load for it, I'm new to the 40, and I'll be good to go. (Open to suggestions for 165 and 180 gn bullets btw:) )

Only thing I don't like is the dots on the sights are red and don't show up well indoors, however that's an easy fix as soon as I get it home I have some Titanium dioxide white that reflects 97% of the light that hits it, think day glo white(Like some of us in shorts:eek: ).

A man can never have too many quality firearms IMHO

Kanester
04-30-2011, 7:48 PM
Congrats-Ive always thought that is one of the best looking pistols on the planet, and one day when I am out of all my debt, it will be mine (Or most likely sooner when my will breaks down and I just throw it on a visa :whistling:)

orangeusa
04-30-2011, 8:29 PM
The red dots have to go. Surprisingly model paint - Testors etc. (in enamel) work quite well..... I like the shiny stuff too!

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss16/orangeusa/100_0915.jpg

Munk
04-30-2011, 8:36 PM
Inox are awesome looking... was yours full inox, or inox with a bunch of black bits? (newer Inox models have a lot of the smaller pieces black).

WWDHD?
04-30-2011, 10:30 PM
I bought my 96 stainless back around 2000ish from the old Traders in San Leandro. It cost $500 brand new! I agree the red sights are a bit odd but whatever, they work. I put Houge wood grips on it as soon as I bought it. It would be my Texas BBQ gun if I was ever invited to one.
Great looking gun. Fun to shoot. Its my favorite.

whipkiller
04-30-2011, 10:50 PM
These are hard to get in Ca? I had no idea, did they fall off the list, or what?

I have one of the "United We Stand" commemorative editions that I bought in '01 or so, and have actually been toying with the idea of selling or trading it.

Maybe I should hang on to it after all.

Balkan_gh
05-01-2011, 5:32 AM
Hello

I know what you mean buy hard to find in Cal. I had gone to a couple of shops and found one, and then all the other shops did not have any they would have to order online. However one day on my way home i stop by this one gun shop off Hwy 99 Near grant Line and low and behold they had a 9mm and a 40 so i sure enough started the paper work and I got it. they had not had it in long!! I really thought i was going to have to order online but a local shop had it. Love how it feels and handles!!! Any other question about it. Just PM Me.J

JanZ
05-01-2011, 6:32 AM
I went to two different places here in Eureka and thier suppliers could not get the 96's, they were reported to be in short supply.

Balkan_gh
05-01-2011, 6:46 AM
Hello

You may want to check out these places if you are ever in the area.

http://www.cordovashootingcenter.com/

http://www.goldenstatetactical.com/

I got mine from Wild Bill trading post in Sacramento.

I know but locations can get them. I seem them. Just an FYI

Munk
05-01-2011, 9:01 AM
These are hard to get in Ca? I had no idea, did they fall off the list, or what?

I have one of the "United We Stand" commemorative editions that I bought in '01 or so, and have actually been toying with the idea of selling or trading it.

Maybe I should hang on to it after all.

As I found out during my pistol hunt, the 96 is hard to find. A sweet version of a 96 is even harder. And a good looking one is harder still. None of about 8 gunstores I went to had one, or could order one, except for one that was greatly overcharging for a 96D that was an old police trade in (650...eww).

My story ended well when I came across a seller on Gunbroker who was located in CA, less than 100 miles away. I got it for a great price, and it was in far better condition than I expected for what I paid. I've since seen the same model for sale, but only in horrible condition and for 200-300 more than I paid.

SIGman Freud
05-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Balkan_gh, would you mind sharing how much Wild Bill's is selling the 92FS Inox in 9mm?

sneather
05-01-2011, 2:12 PM
That's odd. The 96 Inox models are in almost every gun store I've been to here in SoCal. Now, the 92 Inox are never available down here, for whatever the reason, even though all those models are on the list.

SIGman Freud
05-01-2011, 4:07 PM
@Sneather: I was told at a trusty local gun shop employee that Beretta has ceased importing the 92FS inox into the states (for whatever reason).

sneather
05-01-2011, 5:49 PM
@Sneather: I was told at a trusty local gun shop employee that Beretta has ceased importing the 92FS inox into the states (for whatever reason).

That may be true, but there are tons of the Italian 92FS Inox models, new, all over the country. They're legal here in CA, but they just don't seem to make their way to the stores in SoCal. I would have to assume that it's just a lack of demand. They do tend to cost quite a bit more than the black models.

SIGman Freud
05-01-2011, 6:51 PM
That may be true, but there are tons of the Italian 92FS Inox models, new, all over the country. They're legal here in CA, but they just don't seem to make their way to the stores in SoCal. I would have to assume that it's just a lack of demand. They do tend to cost quite a bit more than the black models.

Yeah but there SO nice! :D

sneather
05-02-2011, 7:49 AM
Indeed. Contemplating getting one right now.