PDA

View Full Version : What's the worst firearm you ever owned?

TonyNorCal
11-24-2006, 5:34 PM
Yep, what's the biggest POS firearm you ever owned?

Mine was a Universal M1 Carbine. I know some are decent...the ealier ones were made with GI parts...latter ones with less. Anyway, mine sucked.

Mr. Ed
11-24-2006, 6:06 PM
Lorcin .22 cal handgun....need I say more.

wonder9
11-24-2006, 7:22 PM
I had the misfortune of buying a Jennings Jam-0-matic 9mm, where on a good day it could maybe shoot 3 rounds in a row without stoppage.

bu-bye
11-24-2006, 8:00 PM
The worst? Maybe my AR-7. Never really had any major problems with it but its ugly as sin and made very poorly. I get a few jams here and there but what do you expect from a $100 dollar gun. :rolleyes:

Saw a guy at the range the other day with a Hi-Point bragging about it:eek: . He was saying how great they are and how they are hard to find but if you do find one snatch it up fast because everyone wants one. I could only turn around a laugh quietly. Never had a seen such a case of either denial or just pain ignorance.

anotherted
11-24-2006, 8:14 PM
597, Hk Usp45 (not a piece oc crap -- just overhyped and overpriced).

Sutcliffe
11-24-2006, 8:29 PM
Terrible accuracy and the trigger pull is the heaviest I've ever encountered on a handgun.

eckerph
11-24-2006, 8:48 PM
Raven .25

m2hbvic
11-24-2006, 9:07 PM
A Walther G22 rifle. Worst POS that I've ever owned and paid good money ($400) for!!! Firing pin broke in half. Two roll pins broke/sheared. Hammer spring strut bent. Rubber pads on forearm falls off. Tiny springs fly out when you disassemble the receiver.

I can't believe that Walther would come out with a big POS like the G22 rifle considering their past reputation for making some very fine firearms! Their P22 pistol is another cheap piece of crap with alot of problems too! Don't believe me? Get on www.rimfirecentral.com and scroll down to the WALTHER section and read all the horror stories and problems with the G22 and P22.

Oh well, I guess that's what I get for taking a chance and buying a gun that's made mostly of plastic and cheap potmetal/zinc/aluminum. "Plastic Fantastic" my a**! For my money, I'll stick to guns machined out of metal, with workmanship, that cost the same or less than a gun that was just simply molded out of plastic.
Vic

SemiAutoSam
11-24-2006, 9:12 PM
Back about 10 or so years ago I owned the FN FAL's little brother the FN FNC.

and IMHO that was the worst little 223 rifle Ive ever owned. well maybe not as bad at the Ruger (traitor) Mini14 in.223.

762cavalier
11-24-2006, 10:03 PM
Lorcin .25:mad: The last time I shot it the bullet shot out the front and the slide shot out the back.

madjack956
11-24-2006, 10:46 PM
Springfield Armory Supermatch M1A.. All that it did was break. I couldn't trust it for fun, or for real.

I built a Socom 16 on a Fulton receiver with all USGI parts I scavenged on the internet and it runs flawlessly.

I am really dissapointed in Springfields QC in regards to that weapon. It was not a cheap rifle.

GW
11-25-2006, 12:06 AM
A surplus French MAS 49/56 rechambered to .308 . (yes, French:o but it was a semi-auto, mag-fed 308!) The first and last gun I ever bought at a gunshow.

After about 30 rounds, it suddenly developed about a 70 lb trigger pull. Of course, the dealer was long gone (as it was a C&R, I was able to take it home from the gunshow) and then the place where the mag latched onto it broke.

I ultimately traded it in at a local shop for minimal store credit ( I think I got a box of 22LR but they made me pay the sales tax. :mad: )

Stanze
11-25-2006, 12:27 AM
Taurus PT-22(jammed, hinge pin broke), I demanded a refund and got it.

Raven .25, didn't expect much,...and didn't get much either.

Norinco Model B "UZI" sporter....huge, huge, HUGE piece of CRAP! Even though it's a "evil black gun" I don't miss it at ALL. IMI all the way baby!(I don't have one though).

If I bought a gun and it sucked reliabilty wise I had to get rid of it, life's too short for POS guns.

GW
11-25-2006, 12:35 AM
If I bought a gun and it sucked reliabilty wise I had to get rid of it, life's too short for POS guns

Amen to that, brother.
Ain't nothing more useless than a gun you can't count on.

ts
11-25-2006, 4:43 AM
Amen to that, brother.
Ain't nothing more useless than a gun you can't count on.

You need to meet my ex, didnít cook, didnít clean, didnít make me happy, drained me of cash and timeÖ and well, we will leave that at the PG level.

malaya248
11-25-2006, 5:17 AM
lorcin 9mm, after about 50rds it stopped working until i noticed that the barrel moved 1/4 inch forward a real poc, at least it gave me a reason to buy a glock and usp.

bwiese
11-25-2006, 11:47 AM
Jennings J22 - given to me, didn't like common 22 ammo.

S&W 645, mid-'80s vintage. Bought used/good shape. Ugh - feels like they must've used Comet for trigger lube. Terribly inaccurate with quality 230gr FMJ ball ammo, didn't like to feed TMJs or hollowpoints.

ParaOrdnance P10 - pre-fix. Fun gun to shoot, but had feed/extraction problems. I gather the later 'Warthog' variants were fixed. Sold mine to a guy who "knew how to fix 1911s".

Had a Beretta 9000 in 40S&W - while it wasn't terrible, there wasn't a lot I enjoyed about it and sold it 3-4 months later.

[By contrast, two of my nicest guns are S&Ws: my recent 625 wheelgun (-8 version w/lock) is a tack driver, and I love my minty 1006 10mm autoloader.]

EBWhite
11-25-2006, 12:11 PM
Those Sundance Boa .25 (Same as the lorcin/raven) are pretty decent guns for the price. They are safe and shoot pretty good. however, QC control is poor, maybe i got lucky? It is a decent cheap gun that for the most part will work decent if cleaned. It is not a match gun, it is a shoot me 2 a year and keep me loaded in the drawer type.

My worst pistol of all is a SA 1911 4" champion (functions 100% but poor accuracy- i think ill send it back to SA)

My worst rifle is a fab10 i hate loading fixed mags. fixed mags are worthless

icormba
11-25-2006, 12:16 PM
Rock Island 1911 A1
It's just not as reliable as I'd like it to be.

762cavalier
11-25-2006, 12:27 PM
Oh yeah forgot to add about the Lorcin- I took it to work(when I was working graveyard shifts at convenience stores) one evening. It had a round in the chamber and the "safety" on,in a fanny pack. Set it down on the chest freezer at work and it went off and shot the defenseless freezer.:eek: Spent an hour with some JB weld and some white spray paint resuscitating the poor thing:rolleyes:

Oh and the cheap plastic mag catch broke off.

taloft
11-25-2006, 12:30 PM
Davis industries P380: the little jammer that couldn't. Piece of junk right out of the gate.

xenophobe
11-25-2006, 12:36 PM
Tec-9. Jammed consistently with crap ammo. Jammed consistently with average ammo. Jammed consistently with expensive ammo. At least my M9/11 was reliable...

AMT Backup. Late model craptacular, but it worked.

cornholio1
11-25-2006, 12:38 PM
Bryco 380 auto. complete junk

D1911
11-25-2006, 1:28 PM
Sig GSR, 1st generation with the light rail. Ejector was broken right out of the box, grip safety stuck and I couldn't get the bushing off even with a wrench. Sent it back to Sig, all fixed except for reliability issues. After a couple of hundred rounds, the trigger fell out of the front of the gun (shoe only, the stirrup stayed in). Sig replaced the trigger, and eventually made it run ok, but I sold it anyway.

tenpercentfirearms
11-25-2006, 1:44 PM
SU-16A. Sold it as soon as OLL madness hit. It didn't shoot my reloads for crap which my ARs now shoot fine.

Ishapor 2A .308. The front sight would blow off and fly forwards 10 feet after about a dozen rounds.

Two guns I sold and have never regretted.

rssslvr
11-25-2006, 2:17 PM
Tec-9. Jammed consistently with crap ammo. Jammed consistently with average ammo. Jammed consistently with expensive ammo. At least my M9/11 was reliable...

+ 1 on the Tec-9.Jam-o-matic.Those things are total junk.I didn't like my PM-11 much more than the Tec-9 but at least it worked.I can honestly say I was not sorry to see either one of them go.

Mr.RoDiN
11-25-2006, 2:51 PM
My Krinker Plinker !!!!! :p

762cavalier
11-25-2006, 2:53 PM
Knew it was only a matter of time before someone brought up the Klunky Plinker;)

AJD
11-25-2006, 3:09 PM
RG Industries .25 auto. It was my Dad's and he gave it to me along with some other hanguns when I turned 21. I think he bought it in the late 70s at Big 5. I've never even heard of the company. Anyway, the gun can't get through a whole mag without jamming.

Leadthrower
11-25-2006, 3:29 PM
Remington 710....Bolt broke, called Remington and sent email finally got it fixed a week later. Oh well, I still have it because it was the first weapon I bought.

daskraut
11-25-2006, 3:31 PM
Jennings .22 auto. After the first 40 rounds, the firing pin peened the chamber and made the brass stick in the chamber. major POS. Sad/funny thing is my mom bought one and never fired it, one a bet I told her it would not function and fired it out the back door toward a mountain....."click"....cycle...."click" again. So I bought her a new S&W .38 revolver.

Satex
11-25-2006, 6:30 PM
Barreta 22 flip top. The damn thing would jam left and right.
Aside for that, every other barreta we owned has been a sweetheart.

soopafly
11-25-2006, 10:32 PM
Egyptian Maadi for it's horrible trigger slap. I did function flawlessly, though, like most AK designs.

ivanimal
11-26-2006, 1:28 AM
P22 wather should throw in a jar of asprin with each one. Back to the factory 3 times and it still dosent work. I took in a 10-22 that was a piece of junk according to a friends dad. He outright gave it to me. I took the trigger group out and it was covered in 10 years of crap. I cleaned it out and it worked flawlessly for me till my nephew decided it was his. I guess he was right because he still has it.:D

11-26-2006, 2:46 AM
I can't say that I have ever bought a POS, but the biggest POS that I ever shot was a Tec-9. Fire 2 rounds and jam. Clear and fire 3 rounds and jam. Spent more time clearing jams then shooting.

Mag_Rat
11-26-2006, 8:25 AM
Jennings .22 auto. After the first 40 rounds, the firing pin peened the chamber and made the brass stick in the chamber. major POS. Sad/funny thing is my mom bought one and never fired it, one a bet I told her it would not function and fired it out the back door toward a mountain....."click"....cycle...."click" again. So I bought her a new S&W .38 revolver.

My dad had a J22 ( worst firearm ever in my house)also never fired it until i told him to take it to the range and well it also didn't shoot!I gave him money to get himself a SigPro.

Incitatus
11-26-2006, 9:02 AM
FEG PA63.
Don't buy. It jams, has a 3/4 ton trigger pull and it's painful when it fires (due to its light aluminum frame)

BossHog
11-26-2006, 12:09 PM
Walther PPK/S by Interarms. Total POS with several FTF's and FTE's with every mag. Dumped it for a big loss.

Poohgyrr
11-26-2006, 1:38 PM
Easy. A Star PD. It couldn't take the amount of shooting I was doing (100 to 200 rounds per week). The recoil buffer was difficult to find replacements for, and the steel pin (slide stop lever buts up against it) stripped itself out of the alloy frame and took a hike.

I got it fixed one last time and sold it. The guy who bought it wasn't going to shoot it much and didn't worry about the problmes I had.

It was fairly accurate though, I was getting nose size groups (ball ammo) at fifty feet before the end.

bear93445
11-26-2006, 5:52 PM
I would have to say it has my first handgun I ever purchased, a Star M30 9mm. Shooting it was fun. It was fairly accurate though heavy as a brick, but the weight made the recoil almost disappear. The problem I had with it was the Spanish steel; it was soft. Over a five year period I put about 5k rounds through it. I finally noticed that the locking lugs in the slide were compressing, this had a major effect on accuracy and I became worried about failure, So, I sold it to a gun shop and bought a Sig 226. I will never buy another Star again. Surprisingly, I found three mags, high caps, in my misc box about a month ago.

WolfMansDad
11-26-2006, 8:42 PM
Ruger Mini-14

Maybe it was just that one rifle, but I couldn't even keep rounds in the paper at fifty yards, even from a rest. I do better with slugs from a smooth-bore shotgun!

The worst part is, the mini was the first rifle I bought after being out of shooting for many years. For a while, I thought I had lost the ability to shoot! Fortunately, I eventually got to try other rifles, and they worked as expected. Still can't do squat with the mini, though.

It's true, the mini never jammed, but that hardly matters if you can't hit your target.

69Mach1
11-26-2006, 9:09 PM
That would be the Taurus PT945. The firing pin tip broke off twice! I sold it on consignment the second time it came back. It has the lifetime warranty (now I know why) so I didn't feel bad about passing it on. I have never owned another Taurus since.

mike100
11-26-2006, 9:18 PM
Star modelo B.

broke the barrel link after 300 rounds. it is a 63 year old arsenal refurb, but still it jammed a lot before it broke and all the pins walk out of the holes if you fire more than 2 mags thru it.

it points better than any other gun I have, but the metalurgy is second rate.

HK fan
11-26-2006, 9:27 PM
I am ashamed to admit I bought a jennings .22

PanzerAce
11-26-2006, 9:59 PM
A savage 93R17-F

But only because since it is my only rifle that isn't in pieces spread all over my room, it is also the best I have ever owned :D