PDA

View Full Version : New member - So cal (IE)

SpectreZ91
04-30-2011, 3:23 PM
I've already posted in some other threads but figured I'd do the "newbie" intro as well..

Long story short. 8-9 years ago. Wife of the time had a gma that passed away. We were the ones who were lucky enough to move in the house on an acre of property to clean it up and make sure it wasn't messed with.. Needless to say there were people who would "creep" around and want to steal stuff.. So I decided to buy a shotgun for protection. Thankfully I don't live there anymore or have that wife.. She's now an "ex-wife" :D

Anyhow. I picked up a Mossberg 500 with an 18" barrel. Nothing fancy, just your standard 12 gauge.

Ended up taking it out to the local clay/trap range. Was edjucated on the propper way to conduct yourself at the range and only load 3 shells max and not the whole tube and what not. Even now when I go there with it, I get people giving me weird looks since I'm using a pump with a short barrel to shoot clays.

Fast forward to now. I've always wanted a Beretta 92FS. (Thank you Mel Gibson in Leathal Weapon for that one) lol Anyhow. Got a lot more on my taxes then I thought so Monday the 25th I went and purchased a M9A1. Basically it's the "military" version of the 92FS and it has a rail. Of course it wasn't in stock so I had to wait until Thursday for it to come in so I could start the DROS. Needless to say my 10 day finishes a week from tomorrow (Sunday) So I have to wait until Monday to pick it up. :(

However today I decided to go get a cleaning kit for my 12 gauge since I've neglected it so bad.. Well while I was there I decided to pick up a tri rail kit for my Mossberg. I also did play with my M9 for a bit while I was there. :)

Anyhow that is my story.. I'd write more but my mind is wandering on my racoon syndrome is kicking in.. I'm gunna go try and clean the Mossberg right now.

nbkvig2
04-30-2011, 3:27 PM
Welcome! From another IE member. Nice choice on the Beretta btw ;)

SpectreZ91
04-30-2011, 3:31 PM
Thanks!

I'm thinking of checking out the range over in Corona on Sampson.. Riverside Magnum range. I'm wondering if anyone knows how they are to new handgun owners I'd like to go somewhere and be taught the propper way and not go somewhere and have someone talk to me like I'm an idiot. I've read some good reviews about them.. Guess I should just go there and look before I pick up my Beretta.

zod
04-30-2011, 5:09 PM
Welcome to Calguns. Enjoy.

den888
04-30-2011, 5:56 PM
Welcome!

bsg
04-30-2011, 8:55 PM
welcome to the forum.

Target19
05-01-2011, 1:42 AM
Thanks!

I'm thinking of checking out the range over in Corona on Sampson.. Riverside Magnum range. I'm wondering if anyone knows how they are to new handgun owners I'd like to go somewhere and be taught the propper way and not go somewhere and have someone talk to me like I'm an idiot. I've read some good reviews about them.. Guess I should just go there and look before I pick up my Beretta.

Welcome to Calguns.
I go to that range.They don't teach anything unless you ask.
If you want some help I think Prado in Chino is a good place.
Or ask a friendly Calgunner to go with you or meet up there.

CrossedRifles
05-01-2011, 2:30 AM
Welcome to CalGuns.

If you're not already addicted, you will be. :43:

Bud11
05-01-2011, 4:09 AM
Thanks!

Recently tried Dave's Magnum Range in San Bernadino and had a good experience. Exit 73 I beleive it is off the 10. Nice people, nothing fancy, but a decent place. One hour instruction available. Bud

mikaarce
05-01-2011, 5:53 AM
Welcome.

.22guy
05-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Welcome to Calguns! :)

SpectreZ91
05-01-2011, 9:13 PM
Thanks for all the welcomes!

Welcome to Calguns.
I go to that range.They don't teach anything unless you ask.
If you want some help I think Prado in Chino is a good place.
Or ask a friendly Calgunner to go with you or meet up there.

I figured I could ask a friendly Calgunner to go with.. From everything I've read the past couple days it seems for the most part everyone is willing to help and help the "noobs" get on the right track without making them feel stupid.

Welcome to CalGuns.

If you're not already addicted, you will be. :43:

It's coming quick. I find myself stoppin in the computer room to check this site a couple times during the day.

Recently tried Dave's Magnum Range in San Bernadino and had a good experience. Exit 73 I beleive it is off the 10. Nice people, nothing fancy, but a decent place. One hour instruction available. Bud

I may have to check that one out sooner or later..

The main reason I want to try the one on Sampson in Corona is because I work in Riverside and could run over to Sampson street in 5"ish" minutes during my lunch break and fire off some rounds then go back to work. :D

tmncali
05-01-2011, 10:07 PM
Welcome,from another I.E. Calgunner!

dellgsg5
05-02-2011, 11:34 AM
Welcome to Calguns!!!

TBDesigns
05-02-2011, 1:02 PM
Welcome! I'm pretty new here also only a few days old but this place has gave me a ton of information for being new to firearms. ENJOY!

DeanW66
05-03-2011, 12:33 AM
Welcome aboard!

SpectreZ91
05-05-2011, 9:31 PM
Once again thanks for the welcomes..

Monday won't come fast enough for me to get my 9mm. However I did get my shotgun accesories installed today.. So far I'm a fan.. However I still need to go out and shoot it to see for sure..

Crash3110
05-06-2011, 7:54 AM
Welcome to Calguns!

SGGear
05-06-2011, 8:28 AM
Welcome!

SpectreZ91
05-09-2011, 6:47 AM
Monday is here! I pick up my M9 in 2 hours and 15 minutes. Yusss! :D

This forum rocks.. Tons of use full info and for the most part not much crying/complaining..