PDA

View Full Version : Storing Handgun with Mag Attached/Detached...

Baga
04-29-2011, 11:11 PM
Sorry for the typo in Title: Storing handgun with Mag Attached/Detached...

Do you store your handgun with the Magazine attached or detached? And I'm referring to your handgun that you store away not the ones you keep loaded for personal defense. Why? Pros/Cons?

Oceanbob
04-29-2011, 11:16 PM
Empty and the mags for them are also empty.

Of course my Bedside/house weapon is loaded.

Guns in my safe are also unloaded EXCEPT for a Model 66 .357 magnum which is on the middle shelf ready for action.

My glocks, 1911s, Smiths, Rugers, Taurus, high standard and other handguns are all unloaded. And the magazines are also unloaded.

No use keeping safe queens loaded.

Bob

Librarian
04-29-2011, 11:18 PM
Every centerfire handgun I own is stored mag inserted, round chambered. Almost all of them live in a safe that way.

Since I have no small children living with me or visiting, some of those handguns are regularly out of the safe.

Speedpower
04-29-2011, 11:27 PM
Every centerfire handgun I own is stored mag inserted, round chambered. Almost all of them live in a safe that way.

Since I have no small children living with me or visiting, some of those handguns are regularly out of the safe.

That is how I have all my guns! loaded/chambered ready to go!

Bill Carson
04-30-2011, 12:49 AM
ready to rock n roll

NewbieDave
04-30-2011, 1:47 AM
Safe?

I just throw everything in a box... all the guns one box and all the mags in another :)

Tiberius
04-30-2011, 9:36 AM
I'm not sure the OP meant loaded or not; anyway, I like to keep an empty mag in stored guns, out of some belief - possibly unfounded - that it helps keep dust and stuff out of the mag wells. I also store handguns in socks or cases, so that may be silly, and I don't always do it.