PDA

View Full Version : Lowest online price+no CC fee+free shipping

shooterdude
04-29-2011, 9:00 PM
I was searching for my next gun and found this site:

http://www.grabagun.com/ (http://grabagun.com/)

The gun I bought was less expensive than Bud's and with coupon code "shootcentermass" the shipping was waived. They didn't charge a fee for using my credit card so all around this is a winner!

KExXZ6P_w9k

DISCLAIMER: I am not affiliated with this site. I came across it and wanted to share with my fellow Calgunners.

mikaarce
04-29-2011, 9:40 PM
Nice find. thanks

707electrician
04-29-2011, 9:52 PM
Damn, they have a smokin deal on the EMP I just dros'd. But its out of stock so I don't feel so bad

Ubermcoupe
04-29-2011, 10:49 PM
Great selection but it looks like just about everything I want is out of stock... (and off the roster, grrr...)

cstables
04-30-2011, 7:44 AM
^^^^^same here^^^^^

gmcal
04-30-2011, 9:42 AM
I found them too, but with so little feedback I'm hesitant to use them. Have you completed your transaction? If so, how did it go?

shooterdude
04-30-2011, 11:19 AM
I found them too, but with so little feedback I'm hesitant to use them. Have you completed your transaction? If so, how did it go?

Bought the gun last night and received an immediate receipt on email. Got an email this morning with instructions to send the receiving FFL information. So far, so good.

gmcal
04-30-2011, 7:44 PM
Bought the gun last night and received an immediate receipt on email. Got an email this morning with instructions to send the receiving FFL information. So far, so good.

If you wouldn't mind, could you post a review of grabagun when your transaction is complete?

shooterdude
04-30-2011, 9:36 PM
If you wouldn't mind, could you post a review of grabagun when your transaction is complete?

Sure will.

At this point things are moving smoothly. The receiving FFL sent their info to grabagun.com this morning and sent me an email confirmation. 1 hour later I received an email from grabagun.com that everything is in order and my gun should ship by Tuesday.

More to follow....

762.DEFENSE
04-30-2011, 9:40 PM
wow great find!

shooterdude
05-06-2011, 8:57 AM
Update on my purchase:

The gun was shipped from Grabagun.com promptly and the email communications were excellent. I have been tracking through the USPS and it is due to be delivered to the receiving FFL today. Keep in mind I purchased the gun online last Friday night.

I am very pleased with the transaction so far and would highly recommend Grabagun.com

:punk:

NorCal Einstein
05-06-2011, 9:05 AM
I'm curious, is your FFL going to be charging you tax on this?

shooterdude
05-06-2011, 9:44 AM
I'm curious, is your FFL going to be charging you tax on this?

Don't know yet. Legally I believe he is supposed to collect tax and if he doesn't that is on him not me. Even If I have to pay tax I will still have gotten the gun for far less than the selling price at local gun stores so I win either way.

ICONIC
05-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Hey I see you are in Los Angeles. I am having a hard time finding an ffl that will recieve a gun from online. The ones i talk to will not transfer a gun from buds etc. If you could give me the name of your ffl through pm it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

ruddogg
05-06-2011, 11:15 AM
Hey I see you are in Los Angeles. I am having a hard time finding an ffl that will recieve a gun from online. The ones i talk to will not transfer a gun from buds etc. If you could give me the name of your ffl through pm it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

I know that you're in LA, but if you don't mind driving to the OC, Don @ Straightline Tactical www.straightlinetactical.com for $70 & Mike @ OC Armory www.ocarmory.com for $70 will do the transfers. I hear Riflegear is good too.

shooterdude
05-06-2011, 11:44 AM

thanks

There are several in OC that have no problem receiving online purchases. Call around. I live in LA but drive to OC a few times per week on business so it is not an issue for me.

JeremyS
05-06-2011, 7:24 PM
Gotta say... I looked at like a zillion firearms -- semi-auto handguns, revolvers, rifles, AR's -- plus knives and other crap on there and did not see a single item in stock. Not one. What's the deal? Everything special order?

shooterdude
05-06-2011, 8:24 PM
Gotta say... I looked at like a zillion firearms -- semi-auto handguns, revolvers, rifles, AR's -- plus knives and other crap on there and did not see a single item in stock. Not one. What's the deal? Everything special order?

http://grabagun.com/handguns/semi-automatic.html?p=2

And that is just 1 page under semi-auto handguns....

LBDamned
05-06-2011, 8:58 PM

thanks

I use Straightline Tactical (Anaheim) once, and Ammo Brothers (Cerritos) a few times - have had no problems with either... Straightline Tactical is a little cheaper and completely hassle free - they are who I will use primarily from now on.

LBDamned
05-06-2011, 9:29 PM
good prices and nice promo... but I agree, selection is limited.

JeremyS
05-06-2011, 11:48 PM
http://grabagun.com/handguns/semi-automatic.html

And that is just 1 page under semi-auto handguns....

Okay wow, that's REALLY weird. Now everything is saying "in stock." I'm literally looking at the same items I looked at earlier (at least the ones I can remember specifically looking at) and every one says "in stock" when before they were all (and I mean all) out of stock. :confused:

Well... okey dokey... prices are good :cool:

Bud11
05-07-2011, 5:01 AM
Yes, good prices but the one I recently ordered through Bud's would have been out of stock. $10 less on this site.

kelley_aj
05-07-2011, 8:48 AM
They seem to have pretty good prices, but if you add transfer fees and tax it is almost the same price to buy local. $70 fee for you guys :eek: I know, at least for us in the Sac. area, Robby at GST has great prices and his fee is only $35. I am glad that there are more and more online retailers though so spreading the love to them too is good.

shooterdude
05-07-2011, 9:13 AM
I saved a little over $100 on a pistol by buying online and shipping to a local gun store. That includes all fees and taxes.

If the local stores would sell at a discount instead of MSRP then I would consider buying local.

That $100+ is 500 rounds of 9mm to shoot with....

LBDamned
05-07-2011, 11:56 AM
They seem to have pretty good prices, but if you add transfer fees and tax it is almost the same price to buy local. $70 fee for you guys :eek: I know, at least for us in the Sac. area, Robby at GST has great prices and his fee is only $35. I am glad that there are more and more online retailers though so spreading the love to them too is good.

$70 includes dros - anyone paying 70+dros is getting ripped off... chances are you are paying 35+25 for dros (still a good price)...

I almost always buy out of state... no tax + cheaper prices + shipping and FFL fee usually results in cheaper than buying local which is higher price + tax.

If FFL starts charging tax, they will make less money from me because I will probably stop buying until/if I move out of this commi debt ridden state.

shooterdude
05-07-2011, 11:26 PM
Quick update: The gun arrived at the receiving FFL yesterday in perfect condition with all items in the case that should be there. The DROS was started this morning.

So far, so good.

762.DEFENSE
05-07-2011, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the updates, I'll have to look more into grabagun.com

Agent Tikki
05-09-2011, 12:38 PM
How did it all turn out for you so far?

flyingjalapeno
05-10-2011, 12:42 AM
Keep us updated, I am putting in an order tomorrow. Thanks

PRE-EMPTIVE STRIKE
05-10-2011, 1:23 AM
Thanks for posting, alot of items are out of stock, but alot are in stock too. Bookmarked!

shooterdude
05-10-2011, 9:05 AM
Quick update: The gun arrived at the receiving FFL yesterday in perfect condition with all items in the case that should be there. The DROS was started this morning.

So far, so good.

How did it all turn out for you so far?

All that is left to do is pick-up the gun in a few days so I would say pretty damn well!

STAGE 2
05-10-2011, 3:08 PM
Anyone know what kind of rifle they have pictured on their homepage? Its the one sitting on the table with the rounds beside it.

flyingjalapeno
05-10-2011, 3:11 PM
I just ordered a Beretta M9A1 through the site, I got an order conformation and sent the info my FFL so he can send his info. We shall see how this all goes.

GlennG31
05-10-2011, 3:20 PM
I just ordered a Beretta M9A1 through the site, I got an order conformation and sent the info my FFL so he can send his info. We shall see how this all goes.

Nice! I, too, ordered a Beretta M9A1 through their website this past weekend after reading all the M9/M9A1 threads here and seeing this thread for Grabagun.com. My FFL e-mailed me and said he faxed over his info to them this morning, so now I'm just waiting for an e-mail saying that the pistol has shipped with an accompanying tracking number. Hopefully, all goes smoothly...

flyingjalapeno
05-10-2011, 4:36 PM
Nice! I, too, ordered a Beretta M9A1 through their website this past weekend after reading all the M9/M9A1 threads here and seeing this thread for Grabagun.com. My FFL e-mailed me and said he faxed over his info to them this morning, so now I'm just waiting for an e-mail saying that the pistol has shipped with an accompanying tracking number. Hopefully, all goes smoothly...

Let me know how your transaction goes! :cheers2: Although I have more then 10 days to wait, but I should be fine. LOL

flyingjalapeno
05-12-2011, 3:45 PM
So far so good, just got my tracking number for USPS!!!

glock_this
05-12-2011, 3:56 PM
http://www.cheapascanbe.com/

these guys have some prices even better, offer free ship - the other place says 5.99 - but do have a CC fee. Either way, they BLEW away anyone else's P99c prices. period. They follow up, call you and prompt you for FFL info, and ship ASAP. My FFL had my pistol in 3 days.

cdpadilla
05-12-2011, 4:27 PM
i cant recommend jetguns.com enough! great prices and free shipping with option for insurance also very fast responses from them. i received a shipping confirmation within hours of placing my order.

GlennG31
05-12-2011, 4:29 PM
So far so good, just got my tracking number for USPS!!!

Same here. I got my tracking number for USPS yesterday afternoon. I'm hoping it gets to my FFL by tomorrow or Saturday so I can do the DROS. Is it just me, or do you find yourself checking your tracking number on the USPS website every couple of hours to try to find out where it's at...as if that'll get the packaged delivered faster. :D

707electrician
05-12-2011, 10:30 PM
$70 includes dros - anyone paying 70+dros is getting ripped off... chances are you are paying 35+25 for dros (still a good price)...

I almost always buy out of state... no tax + cheaper prices + shipping and FFL fee usually results in cheaper than buying local which is higher price + tax.

If FFL starts charging tax, they will make less money from me because I will probably stop buying until/if I move out of this commi debt ridden state.

If the FFL doesn't start charging sales tax then they are going to lose money when the BOE nails them

flyingjalapeno
05-12-2011, 11:19 PM
Same here. I got my tracking number for USPS yesterday afternoon. I'm hoping it gets to my FFL by tomorrow or Saturday so I can do the DROS. Is it just me, or do you find yourself checking your tracking number on the USPS website every couple of hours to try to find out where it's at...as if that'll get the packaged delivered faster. :D

Checking the status will just kill me. Even if it does come in, I have like 20 more days till I can start DROS. I just bought a gun not too long ago. LOL At least that will hold me over till the time get closer.

cdpadilla
05-13-2011, 9:03 PM
i checked the tracking on mine every 30m mins or so. the worst is when it says out for delivery then its more like every 5 mins!! Delivered pops up and you call the ffl before they can even open the package!!

bigcalidave
05-13-2011, 9:25 PM
Grabagun.com is one of our newest vendors, keep that in mind when you decide to support a company that supports CalGuns!! That should be enough of a decision maker over the other sites :)

shooterdude
05-14-2011, 6:23 AM
Grabagun.com is one of our newest vendors, keep that in mind when you decide to support a company that supports CalGuns!! That should be enough of a decision maker over the other sites :)

Right On!

After I purchased my gun online and with the ensuing emails the owner asked me about the "weird CA laws and why people kept asking if he could ship rifles with a thing called a "bullet button". I referred him to Calguns.net to educate himself. I think that and the several sales that people have reported here in this thread right after mine led Grabagun to leverage the resources of Calguns.

As far as my experience with Grabagun it has been a perfect transaction and I will buy from them again.

shooterdude
05-20-2011, 7:21 AM
http://www.cheapascanbe.com/

these guys have some prices even better, offer free ship - the other place says 5.99 - but do have a CC fee. Either way, they BLEW away anyone else's P99c prices. period. They follow up, call you and prompt you for FFL info, and ship ASAP. My FFL had my pistol in 3 days.

Grabagun has NO extra cc fee like Bud's does.

LBDamned
05-30-2011, 12:13 PM

+ 1!!!

They have current Memorial Day Special for an extra $10 off their already low prices - code: MemorialDay10

I ordered PX4 Storm last night = $469 shipped! Cheaper than anywhere else I could find!

So far the communication has been good... I hope the shipping and acquisition are as good as the prices :)