PDA

View Full Version : This is a Declaration to you, my fellow calgunners

mayo 111
04-29-2011, 8:24 PM
I would just like to issue an announcement to you all.

I really want a 3 inch smith and wesson model 547. I have become so fascinated by this gun its just outrageous.

I know this may seem a bit much, and that I can post a wtb thread (I already have) but I would like to express my hopes in the calguns community to read this thread, and if they happen to find what I want, to tell whoever they know that has one, that they know someone who wants it, and to tell me they found it. and not just for me but whoever else is out there with hopes and dreams of a firearm that they wish to have and yet cannot find, that you would come here and ask us for help to find the gun of your dreams and to help you.

so pretty much what im saying.

if you know someone who has a gun (in my case the 3 inch smith and wesson 547) whether or not they want to sell it, let them know you know someone (a calguns member) who is willing to buy it. just because we are a community and we help one another.

that is all.

sequoia_nomad
04-29-2011, 8:28 PM
There's currently a 4" on gunbroker. Pricey though. Good luck.

jyo
04-29-2011, 8:30 PM
Wow, a 547 eh? Thats a tough one! Seldom seen---I have been wanting either or both a Ruger 3" Speed Six in 9mm stainless or a Ruger SP101 also in 9mm. If anyone out there has one (or both), I'm interested in the L.A. area---good luck wih your search!

1nsanity
04-29-2011, 8:34 PM
Good luck, been trying to acquire one for some time as well. I have a friend who has a 3" 547 that I have been trying to pry away from him with no success. Hoping I eventually convince him but have a feeling I will have to give something up a special piece from my collection to attain it if I go this route...

Andy Taylor
04-29-2011, 9:38 PM
Been looking for one myself for several years. Good luck.

mayo 111
04-30-2011, 12:45 AM
i feel as if this search would be easier if i was not living in california.

VegasND
04-30-2011, 7:47 AM
Good luck on your quest -- I want one too.
A friend of mine in AZ has one and it's a sweet shooting little revolver. I've been trying to get him to sell it to me for years.

He refuses -- he'll let me shoot it whenever I'm there as much as I want, but he won't sell it.

Which is kind've strange -- the only person who ever shoots it is me ...

daveinwoodland
04-30-2011, 7:53 AM
You need to start watching the auction sites, there are many that have recently sold. One for 513.00 on for 750.00 so I guess the prices vary.