PDA

View Full Version : First Post, and a question. Rifle that will never be banned.

TCA
11-24-2006, 9:49 AM
Thinking about offering these rifles for sale to California citizens.

It'll never be banned, or restricted, as there is no Pistol Grip, and no evil "banana clip".

The worst that could happen to these is that the mag capacity is limited to 5 rounds, in which case, 5 round clips are easily available.

Tell me what you think. These will be Gunkoted in their final form a nice black color, and will probably retail for about 1199.oo ea. .308 cal with brand new bbls.

TheMan
11-24-2006, 9:57 AM
So you have a crystal ball that predicts all the new laws in the future, and that is how you know they will never be banned? I was thinking they might eventually try to ban semiautomatic rifles. But I guess not, since you already know those $1200 Garands will never be banned.

What sort of wood is that on the stock? Are the stocks are new as well?

Stanze
11-24-2006, 10:04 AM
You're almost 20 years too late. The Beretta BM-58(a M1 Garand clone) and SKS w/ detachable mag was banned under Roberti-Roos and it has neither a pistol grip nor this "evil banana clip" you speak of.:rolleyes:

Some may argue that the BM-58 takes detachable magazines unlike the Garand which takes en bloc clips. But, the Mini-14, Mini-30, Springfield M1A, and recently Kel-Tec SU-16 among others were not banned even though they are functionally identical to the BM-58 and SKS w/ detachable mag.

There is no logic to their gun banning, anything is possible.

TCA
11-24-2006, 10:04 AM
New stocks, new op rods, new bbls. all of them are .308 cal unless I can find a good source for '06 bbls which meet my standards.

I believe that it'll be pretty tough to ban anything simply because it's "semi auto" which is why we chase our own tails trying to comply with "characteristics".

Also, a claim can be made that a Garand derivative is "historical".

TCA

SemiAutoSam
11-24-2006, 10:06 AM
What would stop them from banning anything that fired a shot.

Would we act any different than the stupid laws they have enacted like SB23.

I mean seriously if the AM and her PG rate of fire quote wasn't so funny it would be even more insane.

The bite by bite gun control works much better for them. Anything to take firearms out of our hands. While we found a loophole with the fixed mags and the grip less builds in time they will come for the grip less builds as it fits into their agenda they want to disarm US totally and after that happens then the creditors will foreclose on the debt and END GAME.

Q
11-24-2006, 10:08 AM
fancy wood. i think for a garand i would pick up a cmp rifle. if it took m14 magazines that would be cool. how about a bereatta design that took m14 magazines made out of a garand receiver?

metalhead357
11-24-2006, 10:17 AM
$1100 for a Garand??????

I'm looking at your pics and wondering where you're getting your info? Especially one that has been Gunkoted. WHY so much? I just paid $400 for a .308 model ona USGI 4 digit receiver.......

Who is the reciever maker? And can you provide a partial serial number (go ahead an block out the lat 1 or two numbers) as I'm sure some here want to know if these are (true) Springfield Armory or if they're after-armory SA castings.....................

metalhead357
11-24-2006, 10:33 AM
1.New stocks, new op rods, new bbls. all of them are .308 cal unless I can find a good source for '06 bbls which meet my standards.

2.Also, a claim can be made that a Garand derivative is "historical".

TCA

1. Made by who? And what are your standards??????? I mean it sounds nice but what exactly are those standards?????

2. ANY claim can be made but again I ask, True springfield, or cast-crap? A claim is not the same thing as historically accurate, mil spec, USGI, or even former USGI............

FatKatMatt
11-24-2006, 10:47 AM
It'll never be banned, or restricted

This is California bud. In the future everything will be banned and/or restricted

TheMan
11-24-2006, 10:56 AM
This is California bud. In the future everything will be banned and/or restricted

except for illegal immigration, that will be made legal.

FatKatMatt
11-24-2006, 11:04 AM
True. The alien will be welcomed with open arms.

slowjonn
11-24-2006, 12:45 PM
Just not FIRE - ARMS!;)

grammaton76
11-24-2006, 1:12 PM

Acid blood and all? Or just the facehuggers?

Cardinal Sin
11-24-2006, 6:43 PM
Acid blood and all? Or just the facehuggers?

Just the Queen :p

We are so screwed :p

rg_1111@yahoo.com
11-24-2006, 7:54 PM
Banned never say never.

vf111
11-24-2006, 9:56 PM
Some may argue that the BM-58 takes detachable magazines unlike the Garand which takes en bloc clips. But, the Mini-14, Mini-30, Springfield M1A, and recently Kel-Tec SU-16 among others were not banned even though they are functionally identical to the BM-58 and SKS w/ detachable mag.

As a clarification, the Springfield Armory BM-59 is banned by manu. & name on the RR list. The BM-58 IIRC is an early Beretta conversion of the M1 and is not banned in CA.

kantstudien
11-24-2006, 10:24 PM

This I fear is "la verdad"

Yute
11-25-2006, 6:32 AM
I dunno... I guess anything short of a brown bess or a thompson center contendor/encore could be banned....

paradox
11-25-2006, 7:14 AM
This is probably the last gun to be banned:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8f/Lgenorth_3guns.jpg

Yute
11-25-2006, 8:10 AM
Would that be considered to be a zip gun? If so, then its banned :P

chickenfried
11-25-2006, 8:15 AM
I am 90% certain that this rifle will never be banned
http://www.backyardartillery.com/productinfo.php?item=82522&ret=//rbguns/index.php

paradox
11-25-2006, 9:09 AM
Would that be considered to be a zip gun? If so, then its banned :P

Only if you make it yourself, didn't orginally design it as a firearm, and don't pay the man a tax:

(10) As used in this section, a "zip gun" means any weapon or
device which meets all of the following criteria:
(A) It was not imported as a firearm by an importer licensed
pursuant to Chapter 44 (commencing with Section 921) of Title 18 of
the United States Code and the regulations issued pursuant thereto.
(B) It was not originally designed to be a firearm by a
manufacturer licensed pursuant to Chapter 44 (commencing with Section
921) of Title 18 of the United States Code and the regulations
issued pursuant thereto.
(C) No tax was paid on the weapon or device nor was an exemption
from paying tax on that weapon or device granted under Section 4181
and Subchapters F (commencing with Section 4216) and G (commencing
with Section 4221) of Chapter 32 of Title 26 of the United States
Code, as amended, and the regulations issued pursuant thereto.
(D) It is made or altered to expel a projectile by the force of an
explosion or other form of combustion.

ivanimal
11-25-2006, 10:10 AM
I am 90% certain that this rifle will never be banned
http://www.backyardartillery.com/productinfo.php?item=82522&ret=//rbguns/index.php
Many municipalities have laws saying if it shoots a projectile of any sort it is illegal to use in that area. So while it will probably never be banned you could get arrested for using it. Silly isnt it?:(