PDA

View Full Version : 1 handgun every 30 days?

L4D
04-29-2011, 5:35 PM
Does that count when doing a PPT?
What are the laws regarding purchasing multiple handguns in 30 days?

BayAreaShooter
04-29-2011, 5:43 PM
PPT's are exempt from the one every 30 days.

Ubermcoupe
04-29-2011, 5:45 PM
Yes, PPTs/intrafamilial transfers/inheritances are all 1/30 exempt.

Quiet
04-29-2011, 6:26 PM
Does that count when doing a PPT?
What are the laws regarding purchasing multiple handguns in 30 days?

PPT exempt via PC 12072(a)(9)(B)(viii).

Penal Code 12072
(a)(9)(A) No person shall make an application to purchase more than one pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person within any 30-day period.
(B) Subparagraph (A) shall not apply to any of the following:
(i) Any law enforcement agency.
(ii) Any agency duly authorized to perform law enforcement duties.
(iii) Any state or local correctional facility.
(iv) Any private security company licensed to do business in California.
(v) Any person who is properly identified as a full-time paid peace officer, as defined in Chapter 4.5 (commencing with Section 830) of Title 3 of Part 2, and who is authorized to, and does carry a firearm during the course and scope of his or her employment as a peace officer.
(vi) Any motion picture, television, or video production company or entertainment or theatrical company whose production by its nature involves the use of a firearm.
(vii) Any person who may, pursuant to Section 12078, claim an exemption from the waiting period set forth in subdivision (c) of this section.
(viii) Any transaction conducted through a licensed firearms dealer pursuant to Section 12082.
(ix) Any person who is licensed as a collector pursuant to Chapter 44 (commencing with Section 921) of Title 18 of the United States Code and the regulations issued pursuant thereto and who has a current certificate of eligibility issued to him or her by the Department of Justice pursuant to Section 12071.
(x) The exchange of a pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person where the dealer purchased that firearm from the person seeking the exchange within the 30-day period immediately preceding the date of exchange or replacement.
(xi) The replacement of a pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person when the person's pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person was lost or stolen, and the person reported that firearm lost or stolen prior to the completion of the application to purchase to any local law enforcement agency of the city, county, or city and county in which he or she resides.
(xii) The return of any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person to its owner.

RollingCode3
04-29-2011, 7:24 PM
New guns are more dangerous than used ones.

I agree. It is very dangerous for your bank account plus you have to pay taxes too. :43:

fuenstock
04-29-2011, 8:28 PM
Is there also a 6 handgun max per year that can be bought by one person? Is that only for new handguns?

Quiet
04-29-2011, 8:31 PM
Is there also a 6 handgun max per year that can be bought by one person? Is that only for new handguns?
The limit has to do with selling, not buying.

CA laws limits the amount of handguns you can sell to less than six transactions during a calendar year. [PC 12070(c)(1)(A)]

The only thing that limits you from buying is your finances.

Penal Code 12070
(a) No person shall sell, lease, or transfer firearms unless he or she has been issued a license pursuant to Section 12071. Any person violating this section is guilty of a misdemeanor.
(b) Subdivision (a) does not include any of the following:
(4) The infrequent sale, lease, or transfer of firearms.
(c)(1) As used in this section, "infrequent" means:
(A) For pistols, revolvers, and other firearms capable of being concealed upon the person, less than six transactions per calendar year. For this purpose, "transaction" means a single sale, lease, or transfer of any number of pistols, revolvers, or other firearms capable of being concealed upon the person.
(B) For firearms other than pistols, revolvers, or other firearms capable of being concealed upon the person, occasional and without regularity.

jasonfb123
04-29-2011, 8:54 PM
I tried and tried to buy one handgun every 30 days but I can't keep up. I am not a rich man for gosh sakes! Damn this law!

247Nino
04-29-2011, 9:28 PM

CA laws limits the amount of handguns you can sell to less than six transactions during a calendar year. [PC 12070(c)(1)(A)]

Penal Code 12070
(a) No person shall sell, lease, or transfer firearms unless he or she has been issued a license pursuant to Section 12071. Any person violating this section is guilty of a misdemeanor.
(A) For pistols, revolvers, and other firearms capable of being concealed upon the person, less than six transactions per calendar year. For this purpose, "transaction" means a single sale, lease, or transfer of any number of pistols, revolvers, or other firearms capable of being concealed upon the person.
(B) For firearms other than pistols, revolvers, or other firearms capable of being concealed upon the person, occasional and without regularity.

I'm glad that they want us to keep our guns and not sell them.

BayAreaShooter
04-29-2011, 9:29 PM

Penal Code 12070

So does this mean you can sell more than six handguns a year just not more than six "sales"

707electrician
04-29-2011, 10:05 PM
Now what if you do a PPT on a handgun and then want to later buy a new one. Do you have to wait 30 days before buying the new one?

GW
04-29-2011, 10:07 PM
I tried and tried to buy one handgun every 30 days but I can't keep up. I am not a rich man for gosh sakes! Damn this law!

You know it, brother!
I'm all for supporting the economy and the second amendment but having to buy a new handgun every 30 days is stretching my finances to the breaking point.

kenjimatic
04-30-2011, 7:35 AM
The 1 in 30 day applies to guns that are in the dealers inventory, so even used guns that are in their inventory applies to the 1 in 30 days. I've been doing this for the pass 3 months and it sucks(the last one was a gen 1 G19 police trade in for $259+tax+dros, dam impulse :D). Like everyone else has mentioned you can private party transfer as many as long as you have the funds for it.

Quiet
04-30-2011, 2:37 PM
So does this mean you can sell more than six handguns a year just not more than six "sales"

Yes.
Six transaction a year. Any amount can be done in one transaction.
Although multiples during a single transaction does require the CA FFL dealer to notify the BATFE and CA DOJ BOF, this is in accordance to Federal laws/regulations.

Fishslayer
04-30-2011, 2:54 PM
You know it, brother!
I'm all for supporting the economy and the second amendment but having to buy a new handgun every 30 days is stretching my finances to the breaking point.

Just buy a lot of Hi Points.:cool:

RippSpeed
05-01-2011, 5:46 PM
What abotu if you do a PPT and then purhcase a new gun all in the same day. PPT from private party and new single shot conversion transfer Table Rock Arms???

gun505
05-01-2011, 5:58 PM
dam these ca laws1 bought a sa loaded last month then bought a g30 well the g30 cant dros till the 6th dam KALIFORNIA!!

Quiet
05-01-2011, 7:12 PM
What abotu if you do a PPT and then purhcase a new gun all in the same day. PPT from private party and new single shot conversion transfer Table Rock Arms???

The PPT is exempt from the 1 in 30 day wait.
The transfer from the dealer's inventory starts the 1 in 30 day wait.

CA FFL dealer doing both of the transfers, notifys BATFE & CA DOJ BOF that you are acquiring 2+ handguns within 5 buisness days.