PDA

View Full Version : H&K USP 45 sub-compact vs Kimber Ultra Carry II

One78Shovel
04-29-2011, 3:15 AM
Pretty sure my next handgun is either going to be H&K or Kimber in 45 acp. Looking closely at the H&K USP Compact and a few different models of the Kimber. Leaning towards the Kimber Pro-Carry II or the Eclipse Ultra Carry II. Purpose is for CCW.

Now I ask, if you had your choice between the Kimber and H&K which would you go for and why?

Problem I see with H&K a good share of their 45 acp are off roster. :mad:

-178S

Blackboomstick
04-29-2011, 6:58 AM
See if you can get the chance to carry both. I think that you need to go with what feels right. You're going to get your HK fans in here and Kimber fans in here. I honestly think that you can't got wrong with either. IMHO the ideal situation would be to have both. I carry my USPc .45 daily and love it, but now I'm looking for a Kimber. :) So yeah, both. lol.

filetitan
04-29-2011, 7:03 AM
I ended up getting both. USP .45 Compact and Kimber Custome II warrior. Please keep in mind HK USP .45 Compact is not very compact lol.

Baconator
04-29-2011, 7:10 AM
Getting both is usually the best answer to these kind of threads.

Ranger20
04-29-2011, 8:49 AM
HK is def thicker. But it's out of the box reliable.

Fithward has a good idea and get the HK C You might consider to do a single shot conversion and get a new one :)

While the Kimber is thinner both need to be vetted... but I'd think more so the Kimber for carry to ensure its 100% or as close to reliable. I had a Pro Carry 1st gen it was excellent. It had one or two issues with certain ammo.. THE HK fullsize 45USP never failed once.

If I was choosing between the HK compact vs the Kimber procarry I'd prob go HK Compact. even though it's thicker. I just fully trust HK.

Personally I think HK is the finest Production Gun maker period. Your carry gun has to work 100% well not really but you'd like it to.. Murphy is always there to F something up at the wrong time.. so stack the odds in your favor and get the HK .

See my avatar and the pic below... I'm taking more of a risk... with the Kimber 3"... and wont' carry it till I'm happy with the performance. I like the size of it and traded 2 guns for one to get it from a great calgunner named (Henry)
But that is a whole nother story ;)

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac288/Ranger20/102_4078.jpg

fifthward
04-29-2011, 9:33 AM
Have you looked into PPT and getting the HK45c?

I think it's the evolution of the USP45..(thinner, rail, backstraps)...
Something to consider....great gun.

Ding126
04-29-2011, 9:39 AM
HK is my choice, The USP compact 45....8+1 rnds or use HK45 mags and have 10+1..The HK will eat any ammo, double action, single action, decocker etc etc..1911's can be a challenge to get the right diet, I don't like carrying locked n cocked....but again you are asking ford vs chevy..everyone has their pro's n con's of why

One78Shovel
04-29-2011, 3:29 PM
Yea, I have thought about the 1 shot option. But I am a heavy leaner to the Kimber I think. But that H&K is lurking.

I have been shooting a P90 for almost 20 years now and it's time for a new 45. Plus, I don't want to CCW the P90.

-178S

hnoppenberger
04-29-2011, 3:35 PM
both

Rivers
04-29-2011, 3:39 PM
For CCW, I would go with the HK USPc .45 with the light LEM trigger. No external safety (although if HK mods a DA/SA to add the LEM trigger, you have the option of keeping the external safety lever), clean 4.5# trigger for each and every shot, double-strike capable (never needed that), and always carry with one in the chamber. No safety issues, not prone to going off when holstering (like another major mfg has had...) My HKs have been flawlessly reliable and eat whatever ammo I've fed them.