View Full Version : Anyone ever use gunbroker to sell a firearm?

04-29-2011, 2:59 AM
I am looking to sell off a couple of my rifles that I never shoot and I was wondering if anyone here has ever used gunbroker.com to sell any firearms. I have purchased firearms off of gunbroker but I am not sure with the sales process, namely how do I ship a firearm after sale. I know that any modern firearm has to be shipped to an FFL for the transfer but can I ship it myself or does it have to be shipped from an FFL as well?

I just want to make sure that everything is done on the up and up and that I can't get my *** in a sling. If anyone is interested I am looking at selling off the following.

HK UMP/USC conversion .45 done by HDPS (never fired)
Springfield Armory SOCOM 16
Sig 220

When I have the time I will post more info and pictures in the marketplace.

04-29-2011, 1:07 PM
I sold a Saiga on there. Just clearly put in the auction that that their FFL MUST allow out of state transfers from private sellers. I was able to ship it USPS Priority since it was a long gun. Handguns need to go Fedex or UPS.

Should post this in the FFL section.

04-29-2011, 1:19 PM
Just rifles, it is pretty easy. Handguns must be shipped overnight through fedex or UPS.

04-29-2011, 1:53 PM
Thank you for your responses. Did you verify the receivers FFL prior to shipping via ATF or just by giving them a call, or at all?

04-29-2011, 1:56 PM
The standard way is to receive a signed copy of their FFL through mail, fax, or email. If you don't have an FFL you are not required to have such a copy, your only requirement is to send it to an FFL. I usually request a copy of the FFL and plug the numbers into the ATF EZ Check here: https://www.atfonline.gov/fflezcheck/

04-29-2011, 2:42 PM
Roger Josh, you guys have answered my concerns.

04-30-2011, 2:17 PM
There ya go.

Just wanted to add that I include a copy of the receiving FFL and my driver's license inside the box in case the label gets ripped off in transit. Don't know if it's a requirement or not, but the FFls that I've dealt with have asked for a copy of the DL for my ID.

Rudolf the Red
04-30-2011, 7:36 PM
Just rifles, it is pretty easy. Handguns must be shipped overnight through fedex or UPS.

You may be able to find a home dealer like me that will ship your handgun USPS for less.