PDA

View Full Version : Question about enterprise arms' recievers?

KevinUmali
11-23-2006, 6:29 PM
Hey all, I know in a thread not too long ago someone mentioned about not going to Fulton Armory for a M1A/M14 rifle because they had backed out of some orders or something, and I don't really want to go with Springfield Armory, and someone said to go with LRB arms instead, but too me they seem a bit more expensive and have a 3 to 9 month back order, well I kind of want my M1A/M14 reciever a little bit sooner, and saw a company called enterprise arms that is selling recievers and was wondering if they are any good? It said that their receivers are from billet but anyone have any experience with this outfit? Here are some links to their site http://www.entreprise.com/Fal/m1a2dl.htm and http://www.entreprise.com/Fal/m1a2.htm Any comments or suggestions about getting a a good M1a/M14 rifle is welcomed.

NeoWeird
11-23-2006, 10:03 PM
Just curious of why you would go through the trouble of building your own M1A when part kits are scarce and very exspensive. It would probably cost more to buy all the parts less the receiver than to buy a whole rifle new. Just curious, that's all.

As for quality, I can't say for sure. I've heard both good and bad reviews on Entreprise stuff. They got a bad rap a while back for some bad FAL receivers but I have heard that they made good all that were wrong, and there FAL stuff now is considered one of the best non-DSA/Imbel variants available. I would imagine their M1A receivers would be on par with similar quality. Just be warned that I am pretty sure Entreprises uses reverse engineering to get their schematics so it may not be completely right, and may not fit ALL USGI parts, but it should be fairly close.

Pryde
11-23-2006, 10:07 PM
Do NOT buy an Entreprise M14 receiver!!!!

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=96356&highlight=entreprise

rorschach
11-23-2006, 11:57 PM
Yeah, Entreprise built a bad batch of receivers a while ago, and their customer service is terrible. That being said, my brother has had an Enterprise factory built STG58 government model for a few years now, with ZERO problems. I really want to get one of the Imbel parts rifles on sale right now, it's a pretty good price for a Cali-Fal. Some of the builders say their FAL receivers require a little more work than say, an Imbel or DSA. Don't know about their M14/M1A receivers though... caveat emptor.

laabstract
11-24-2006, 12:02 AM
Yeah, Entreprise built a bad batch of receivers a while ago, and their customer service is terrible. That being said, my brother has had an Enterprise factory built STG58 government model for a few years now, with ZERO problems. I really want to get one of the Imbel parts rifles on sale right now, it's a pretty good price for a Cali-Fal. Some of the builders say their FAL receivers require a little more work than say, an Imbel or DSA. Don't know about their M14/M1A receivers though... caveat emptor.

I have a STG58 it had a little bit of a feeding problem when i bought it but I took it back and they fixed it no questions asked. Ever since it has not had one problem.