PDA

View Full Version : Lots of Ruger LCRs for sale on here:

Seed
04-28-2011, 9:40 PM
Just sorta curious why there seem to be quite a few LCR 38s for sale on here these days. I count 3 right now, maybe 4.

m1a1driver
04-28-2011, 9:42 PM
dunno but I found one on here for $375 with a low round count, box, case and manual. Bought it and its great , i luv it! The seller did warn me that tiny little screw that holds the cylinder release latch does back out from recoil, so I put a little blue loctite on and its not an issue.

Seed
04-28-2011, 9:47 PM
dunno but I found one on here for $375 with a low round count, box, case and manual. Bought it and its great , i luv it! The seller did warn me that tiny little screw that holds the cylinder release latch does back out from recoil, so I put a little blue loctite on and its not an issue.

That's good to hear. I love the 38 round and am looking for a small light 5 shooter.

ZombieTactics
04-28-2011, 10:20 PM
In my case it's because I am about to have some "extra" ones, which I am receiving from Frontsight as membership bonuses. I just don't need/want that many LCRs, lol. I love mine, and have a spare, and will sell the "excess" ones.

SoCalXD
04-28-2011, 10:23 PM
Because everyone is buying the LC9 as a replacement. The price difference of ammo, combined with the thinner profile, decent sights and similar trigger makes the LC9 the hot ticket for the price.

pdugan6
04-28-2011, 10:24 PM
i have 1 and i like it. mine shoots high and left though. good thing its for 10yds and under.

llamatrnr
04-28-2011, 11:47 PM
i have 1 and i like it. mine shoots high and left though. good thing its for 10yds and under.

Quick fix: aim low and to the right :D

One78Shovel
04-29-2011, 3:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdugan6

Quick fix: aim low and to the right :

:rofl2:

cnj
04-29-2011, 4:34 AM
We have 2. My wife's is the CT Lasergrip model. Mine has the standard grip, and has the Trijicon night sight. Although they kick due to the light weight, we do like them alot. I sure wish they made a 9mm/moonclip model though (ammo cost).

Swift Justice
04-29-2011, 5:31 AM
I bought one as one of my CCW guns, and then sold it. I loved it - well made, extremely light, fit well in my hand. Why sell it? I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it, and I've been shooting pistols for quite a long time now. Last time at the range I handed it to two different friends (both experienced shooters), and neither one could get decent groups with it either, and that was with standard .38 rounds, not +p's.

In the end, that sealed it. It was a great gun, just not for me. For the same size and weight I now carry a Glock 26 with 10 rds and shoot the X out of the target all day long.

RollingCode3
04-29-2011, 5:35 AM
I bought one as one of my CCW guns, and then sold it. I loved it - well made, extremely light, fit well in my hand. Why sell it? I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it, and I've been shooting pistols for quite a long time now. Last time at the range I handed it to two different friends (both experienced shooters), and neither one could get decent groups with it either, and that was with standard .38 rounds, not +p's.

In the end, that sealed it. It was a great gun, just not for me. For the same size and weight I now carry a Glock 26 with 10 rds and shoot the X out of the target all day long.

The same reason I sold mine too. Couldn't hit anything with it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/cadetcode3/guns/IMG_1041.jpg