PDA

View Full Version : .22 conversion kit for glock

Calgunz420
04-28-2011, 10:39 PM
I'm in the field for a glock conversion kit and I'm leaning towards the advantage arms kit 17/22 for G34 stock. Has anybody got good and bad reviews for this?

Mainly for plinking around and since I have a glock frame and a 10/22, why not!!!

Reductio
04-28-2011, 10:48 PM
I've only heard good things about it.

Just can't find a place that has them in stock. :willy_nilly:

cali_armz
04-28-2011, 11:15 PM
I'm in the field for a glock conversion kit and I'm leaning towards the advantage arms kit 17/22 for G34 stock. Has anybody got good and bad reviews for this?

Mainly for plinking around and since I have a glock frame and a 10/22, why not!!!

i dont have any direct experience, but ive only heard positive things about them. i dont think ive even seen one negative comment on them

emy
04-28-2011, 11:25 PM
I have the kit for my 17 and 19 no problem if you use good ammo. i'm using CCI mini mag, buy extra mags when you buy the kit. Buy AA , I got mine from Glockmiester in Arizona.

subrosa
04-28-2011, 11:58 PM
I have the kit for my 17 and 19 no problem if you use good ammo. i'm using CCI mini mag, buy extra mags when you buy the kit. Buy AA , I got mine from Glockmiester in Arizona.

I just saw that they made one for the 26, might be a fun little shooter.

My biggest issue is at 300 bucks, that is getting dangerously close to a full gun purchase. If it was around 200ish I would be a little more eager to buy. I do see the merits in the training though.

MASTERLAB
04-29-2011, 12:08 AM
http://www.cmcgov.com/store/pc/Glock-22-Conversion-Kits-c235.htm

I bought mine from here, they seem to have most models in stock, havent tried it yet (still need to get my glock lol) but it looks solid and ive heard good reviews

NorCalDustin
04-29-2011, 12:14 AM
I just saw that they made one for the 26, might be a fun little shooter.

My biggest issue is at 300 bucks, that is getting dangerously close to a full gun purchase. If it was around 200ish I would be a little more eager to buy. I do see the merits in the training though.
You dont buy an AA Glock kit instead of buying another full gun.

You buy it because you want to run .22LR out of your Glock for training purposes at a fraction of the price of 9mm/.40S&W/.45ACP/Whatever...

Dunno... Just my $0.02, and my $0.02 is worth about that much. ;)

BTW: I do not Have an AA kit YET.

rimfireman
04-29-2011, 4:54 AM
Personally, i don't like the .22 conversion kits on glocks because when i transition, my whole perception of use changes

stick with some easy to find bargains Ruger Mark II's, High Standard Sport Kings, and Buckmarks

you can get an entire gun for under 300 dollars vs buying a glock conversion kit which only does half the job.

- this is my opinion and i understand training purposes. - i just have a bias i guess =)

9mmepiphany
04-29-2011, 11:21 AM
I've heard some good feedback from guys who shot the Tactical Solutions TSG-22 conversion kit at the SHOT Show. If it is like their other stuff, it will be first rate.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=686333

Got10/22?
04-29-2011, 4:06 PM
I've been shooting my AA G17/22 kit for quite some time now. Just use the recommended ammo and you'll be good to go.

Ifticar
04-30-2011, 8:48 PM

I bet be able to let you know how good or bad they are one of these days. I have had my conversion kit on back order from Topglock.com since May, 2009.

Calgunz420
04-30-2011, 9:32 PM
Does anybody have the new production mags that come with steel lips? I just picked mine up and I was told that they have aftermarket steel lip mags for the 17-22.

donw
05-01-2011, 8:02 AM
Personally, i don't like the .22 conversion kits on glocks because when i transition, my whole perception of use changes

stick with some easy to find bargains Ruger Mark II's, High Standard Sport Kings, and Buckmarks

you can get an entire gun for under 300 dollars vs buying a glock conversion kit which only does half the job.

- this is my opinion and i understand training purposes. - i just have a bias i guess =)

i go along with this...

it would seem to me that the switching back and forth would be a nuisance soon...especially if you shoot a lot and want to use the larger caliber for SD or HD...to range by day with .22...back home..re-install the 9mm for HD/SD...

i have the 22/45 for target/plinking/hunting and other big bores for SD/HD...

just my $0.02...;)

9mmepiphany
05-01-2011, 5:56 PM
it would seem to me that the switching back and forth would be a nuisance soon...especially if you shoot a lot and want to use the larger caliber for SD or HD...to range by day with .22...back home..re-install the 9mm for HD/SD...
It isn't that big a thing. If I don't just switch them before leaving the range, I just reassemble with the other upper after cleaning...it has to come apart for cleaning anyway

till44
05-01-2011, 6:34 PM
I'm waiting for the Tacsol conversion kit to come out, supposed to be everything the AA kit is but more, more reliable, closer weight to the real slide.

I have heard they can be picky with ammo choice, but my buddies runs everything without a problem.

Excelsior
05-01-2011, 6:44 PM
I wish Glock would simply release a .22 based on the G17 which is likely their most popular model...

blakdawg
05-01-2011, 10:15 PM
I bought a used AA 17/22 conversion kit from another CGN user - tried it for the first time at the range this afternoon. It wasn't a super-successful outing - FTE on the first round, 2nd round was OK, misfeed on the 3rd round. After that it was OK for ~ 20 more rounds - we didn't have a lot of time left before the range closed and I wanted to shoot other guns, figured I'd take it home and dissasemble/lube it, get to know it a little better, hopefully it'll work a little smoother next time. Given their reputation, I expect it'll eventually work nicely.

Swapping the 9mm slide (I used it on a G17 frame today) for the .22LR slide was no problem - I did it in the lane at the firing range. If you know how to remove a Glock slide, the whole operation should take you less than a minute, including securing the other slide in your range bag. If you don't know how to remove a Glock slide, just practice some at home, it's not a big deal.

I think it would take a lot of re-engineering to produce a .22 LR based on the G 17 - and they would probably have trouble importing it due to the "point" system, which is why we can't have a .380 Glock. So my personal guess is that Glock will never make/sell a .22LR pistol.

My wife is pretty excited about the AA kit, we discussed trying to find a bare frame/lower to be dedicated for use with the kit.

yoitsbruce
05-01-2011, 10:27 PM
i had the kit for 17/22. mini mags got caught up on the ramp. the kit loved rgb's but would fte 1 out of 30 rounds. its expected in using bulk ammo. some rgb's were real accurate. i was able to hit steel plates @angeles 6/10 times there. all that trigger time on the glock frame has worked wonders for grouping and trigger anticipation.

jcarrow
05-05-2011, 7:06 PM
I picked mine up last week and with was very easy to put on. I had a couple FTE when I packed the mags with 9 rounds. Went down to 5 rounds per mag and didn't have any issues. Going to oil it and maybe I will be able to shoot full mags. Really tight grouping.

AdiosKali
05-08-2011, 2:29 PM
From what I hear:

1) Gotta keep it wet.
2) There is a break in period.
3) Have to use the specified ammo.