PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Wilson 10 rnd .45 followers.

Neve
04-28-2011, 5:43 PM
Hey all,

Just got 3 brand new 10 rounder 1911 mags in black (from Wilson direct) and on two of the mags I am having problems with the follower getting stuck inside the mag body. One of them I can only get 5 rounds in and the followers seems to lock and I cant get the 6th round in no matter what, the other locks up at 8 rounds. I've tried a bit of CLP to no avail.

The bodies aren't warped or dented. Has anyone had any similar problems or any ideas on how to fix it? Thanks

glock22fs
04-28-2011, 6:30 PM
contact wilson directly. they will do right by you

Riodog
04-28-2011, 6:31 PM
Just a shot in the dark.
What are you loading them with?
Factory or handloads? Sometimes handloads will hang up a mag even if they are a few thousandth's too long.
Does the mag hang up if you just use a rod to compress the follower?

I only use stainless mags and polish the entire body, inside and out. Stainless follower also. I have zero problems.
Rio

Neve
04-28-2011, 6:40 PM
Just a shot in the dark.
What are you loading them with?
Factory or handloads? Sometimes handloads will hang up a mag even if they are a few thousandth's too long.
Does the mag hang up if you just use a rod to compress the follower?

I only use stainless mags and polish the entire body, inside and out. Stainless follower also. I have zero problems.
Rio

Im using factory reloads that work fine in my stainless Wilson 10 rounder and the follower still gets stuck when I use a rod. I think it might be the satin-like finish of the black version. Thanks Riodog.

contact wilson directly. they will do right by you

I might have to do that. Thanks for the responses :)