PDA

View Full Version : Browning Buck Mark Camper vs. Ruger 22/45

Bull Elk
04-28-2011, 3:51 PM
I owned a buckmark and regretfully sold it. I would like to buy another, but I've been told to consider the Ruger 22/45. Anyone willing to weigh in on this?

Thanks

ojisan
04-28-2011, 4:00 PM
Both are great.
"Regretfully" means you should buy another Buckmark now to ease those regrets...and then get the 22/45 soon after to guard against any possible future regrets on this decision.
;)

TheDeej
04-28-2011, 4:08 PM
Both good pistols, totally wrong section.

You meant to post your thread here (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=165)

Librarian
04-28-2011, 4:31 PM
Moved - and I really like my Buckmark Target.

GunzNHoses89
04-28-2011, 10:09 PM
Both are great.
"Regretfully" means you should buy another Buckmark now to ease those regrets...and then get the 22/45 soon after to guard against any possible future regrets on this decision.
;)

Sounds like the safest, most prudent course of action.

bruceflinch
04-29-2011, 6:53 AM
I had a Ruger 22/45. I have shot a Buckmark, but never owned one. I think the stock grips on the BM are better for my hands. You have no options for grips w/ the Ruger.

I have 2 MKII Rugers w/ better grips & I love them.

pennys dad
04-29-2011, 8:04 AM
I have owned both and I will continue to own both. go to Bass pro shop and put bothin your hand, the one that feels the best wins!

gary2232
04-29-2011, 12:18 PM
What about after market stuff like sights,holsters,grips and such. Will Ruger have a larger selection to choose from than the Browning?? I know like with the 10/22 rifle there is no end to the stuff available for it.

Justintoxicated
04-29-2011, 12:46 PM
buckmark all the way. See avitar I may be biased. I watched a video on taking apart the MK III and crossed it off my list.

newglockster
04-29-2011, 12:57 PM
^^^^ to follow that... I am guessing the Buckmark is easier to disassemble?

ojisan
04-29-2011, 1:03 PM
For aftermarket stuff, both brands have many options for scopes, sights and mounts.
It's really easy to change the Buckmark barrels with just a screwdriver and there are lots of options here, not so easy or so many for the Ruger.
For the Ruger, try to get the barrel you really want most on the gun when you buy it.
The Buckmark has more options for grips, few to none for the 22/45.
There are some new holsters on the market for .22s that will work with scopes...I have not checked any out myself so I have no idea if they will clear red dots or whatever else.
I'm a Ruger guy but I bought the Buckmark because the grips and grip angle fit me perfect...very 1911ish.
The 22/45 was not on the market yet back then, I might have bought it instead.

The Buckmark does come apart and go back together really easy, incuding removing the barrel as mentioned above.
The Ruger requires a trick to get it back together easily, but once learned, it is not too bad to do.
The Ruger barrel can be changed but it is a workshop type job, not a kitchen table type job like the Buckmark.