View Full Version : Steel Plate Targets - East County San Diego

04-28-2011, 1:59 PM
Hi everyone,

Since I got back into shooting, I've been making myself targets. I figured I'd see if anyone else in San Diego is interested in these.

The targets I offer here are built using material that I have surplus on, and I'm not charging much for the material at all. Everything is mild steel. Because I'm using scrap plate, plate size depends on what I have laying in the yard. I have anything from 1/4" to 1" thick plate. Length and width is dependent on what I have. I will put a coat of flat black on the targets.

I'm offering 2 different "duties" of targets:

Heavy-duty: Frame is made out of 1" Solid Round Stock, as shown, plate size of your choosing from 5/8" to 1"(again, dependent of what I have laying here). The plate has a pipe welded to the top, which swivels on the frame. I weld a piece of angle iron over the pivot pipe to protect it. The legs of the stand are mitered to drive into the ground better. It's about 36" tall. This one is built to take abuse from high powered rifles. These are $50

Light duty: Frame is made out of 1x1x1/8" angle. The top piece is either 3/4" or 1" solid round stock, with plate (1/4" to 1/2") welded to pipe to pivot on the round stock. This one also has the piece of angle to protect the pivot pipe. Legs are mitered to drive into the ground. This one is built much lighter, and while .223 would have no problem putting holes in the frame, the plate will hold up fine. Would make a great .22 or pistol target!! These are $35

The first one of these has a 1/2"x8"x8" plate.

I'd like to keep it FTF around East County.

For refererence, here's a pic of what a 3/8" plate looks like after a lot of 5.56 & 7.62x39:

Thanks for looking!

04-28-2011, 2:22 PM
I am interested in a HD frame with a 1" plate. How much and how long till its ready?

04-28-2011, 2:31 PM
You have a PM, rudolfz. Price is $60

04-29-2011, 2:07 PM

05-03-2011, 1:55 PM

05-17-2011, 8:27 PM
TTT & price drop