View Full Version : NorCal Ruger 10/22 and MKII Gunsmith Needed

04-28-2011, 11:57 AM
Does anyone know if a good gunsmith that can do trigger work and and a scope rail mount for Ruger firearms? Specifically I have a Ruger 10/22 that I want to add a scope rail/mount to the factory location. I also have a Ruger MkII that I want to install my "drop in" Volquartsen trigger pack into to replace the stock trigger as well as add a scope rail/mount to the factory location.

I live in Monterey and usually frequent the gun shops in the San Jose/South Bay area, however would be willing to look into the Sacramento area for a good gunsmith that will do an outstanding job.

Please let me know if you have any recommendations.

Thank you

04-28-2011, 12:05 PM
Give Seesm a PM. He's on the forum and he's up in Auburn (approx. 35mins north of Sac). I'm sure he can do the 10/22 work but not about the Mk II trigger work. I have no problem doing it so I'm sure he can also. He's a great guy and can probably do it while ya wait... if ya set an appointment, that is.

I think Kendog4570(?) is also down in your neck of the woods (Santa Cruz, I think). I don't know his work but I see him PMing others in the gunsmithing section and haven't seen any complaints.

04-28-2011, 11:56 PM
do the 10/22 work yourself, an easy trigger job if its the drop in parts. Scope mounting can always be done at a range & someone will help you set it up right just be nice & ask.

do a little research the 10/22's are the harley of rifles. lots of parts, lots you do by yourself :D very easy 7 you learn your own gun

youtube, google, rimfirecentral & here on calguns. check gunsmithing forum too

04-29-2011, 5:29 AM
Realistically theres 3 kinds of trigger jobs you could do on your 10/22

either you can do the work yourself (purchase a kit) or (polish the stock parts)

secondly you can buy a completely different setup like a KID trigger.

- personally don't pay for a gunsmith for trigger work if you are buying a kit. The labor may cost more then the Kit yourself. (at that point you may consider a drop in)

if you want to add a rail, I recommend a picatinny setup and any brand will pretty much do / the factory rugger should have been tapped at the factory to accept mounts and you should be able to simply screw the mount on and loctite them into place.