PDA

View Full Version : glock 30 trigger

bokguay
04-28-2011, 9:43 AM
Hello all,

The glock 30sf was my first handgun purchase. Also I am new to this wonderful addiction, already looking for number 2.

I plan on upgrading the sights to some form of night sights, still doing research.

I saw allot of threads mentioning trigger work. I am curious as to what could/should be done here.

gun505
04-28-2011, 10:01 AM
http://www.gockstore.com

Agent Tikki
04-28-2011, 12:25 PM
First I'd do is shoot, it break it in, get at least 1000 rounds through her.

When your not at the range, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire x 3000.

That will polish your internals.

Then think about doing a 25 cent trigger job, but at that point it should not really do too much. A lot of people with say keep your trigger components stock if its your primary (only) gun. I'd keep it stock for now...just get some practice in.

One trick I did only my first glock was buy a cheap laser, ($20 ebay) and when watching TV just practice dryfiring during commercial breaks. At about 15 feet, the dot will dance if you jerk the trigger when it breaks. The farther out you go, the harder it is to keep the dot still. Personally I thinks its a good cheap training tool.

One thing people might recommend is a 3.5 or 4.5 factory or aftermarket connector. Hold off on it for now and master the stock trigger before you swap anything out.

Oceanbob
04-28-2011, 3:48 PM
www.glockstore.com

The .25cent trigger job. (YouTube it your friend)

Eventually get a 3.5 connector (Glock store above has a video on this)

Before you do this get the SITES up to speed

If you live in Southern Cal (Orange County) you can borrow my site pusher if you need one.

Or help with the connector..etc.

Bob

llamatrnr
04-28-2011, 3:57 PM
First I'd do is shoot, it break it in, get at least 1000 rounds through her.

When your not at the range, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire x 3000.

That will polish your internals.

Then think about doing a 25 cent trigger job, but at that point it should not really do too much. A lot of people with say keep your trigger components stock if its your primary (only) gun. I'd keep it stock for now...just get some practice in.

One trick I did only my first glock was buy a cheap laser, ($20 ebay) and when watching TV just practice dryfiring during commercial breaks. At about 15 feet, the dot will dance if you jerk the trigger when it breaks. The farther out you go, the harder it is to keep the dot still. Personally I thinks its a good cheap training tool.

One thing people might recommend is a 3.5 or 4.5 factory or aftermarket connector. Hold off on it for now and master the stock trigger before you swap anything out.

Yes, yes, yes, and yes:iagree:

tacticalcity
04-28-2011, 4:05 PM
I wouldn't mess with the trigger. It will fine tune it self as you shoot it and dry fire it. Plus it is damn near perfect right out of the box. Same trigger pull each and every time, just the right amount of pull weight for self defense, a short reset to make mastering follow up shots easy as can be. No safety to fight with. Doesn't get better than that. Many of the so called improved triggers and trigger jobs make it impractical as a self defense weapon. A hair trigger is great on a long range precision rifle or bench rest target handgun. On a self defense or combat weapon it is dangerous.

The only upgrades I would recommend are...

- 3 Dot Sights (I am not a fan of the factory Glock rear sight. Plus night sights do come in handy in low light).
- Extended Magazine Release Button (helps if you have smallish hands)
- Extended Slide Release Lever (helps if you have smallish hands)
- Glock Plug (I found my mags were sticking during tactical/speed reloads and that the plug eliminated that problem)
- A good Kydex holster. (Kydex doesn't stick to the gun like leather or nylon)

More importantly I would take some defensive handgun courses. Lots of local schools advertise in the COMPETITION & TRAINING SECTION. Sacramento and NORCAL guys are fortunate to have www.stonecobratactical.com in their backyard.

locosway
04-28-2011, 4:53 PM
Hello all,

The glock 30sf was my first handgun purchase. Also I am new to this wonderful addiction, already looking for number 2.

I plan on upgrading the sights to some form of night sights, still doing research.

I saw allot of threads mentioning trigger work. I am curious as to what could/should be done here.

The Warren Tactical sights are very good, and I really love mine.
http://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=800008D8-1212761702

For the trigger, do a $0.25 trigger job on it. There's videos on youtube. If you can't do it, find someone who can. This is the best thing you can do, especially before changing out parts. If that's not enough, then grab a 3.5 lbs trigger connector.

locosway
04-28-2011, 4:55 PM
If you live in Southern Cal (Orange County) you can borrow my site pusher if you need one.

I may have to stop by with some beer one night... I installed my sights with a brass punch, and they're perfectly accurate. But it seems that the rear is just a little off center. Maybe it's just my brain messing with me, but I can't make that tiny of a correction with a punch. :D

cali_armz
04-28-2011, 4:58 PM
Hello all,

you have to ask yourself, is it really necessary for you? i mean, other people may say they want an upgraded trigger, but is it something that really stood out to you through your own experience with your g30?

Oceanbob
04-28-2011, 6:42 PM
I may have to stop by with some beer one night... I installed my sights with a brass punch, and they're perfectly accurate. But it seems that the rear is just a little off center. Maybe it's just my brain messing with me, but I can't make that tiny of a correction with a punch. :D

Always welcome. :D

bokguay
04-28-2011, 8:25 PM
Thanks everyone.

As far as some classes yes. Even though I have done a fair amount of shooting I know that training and more training will benefit.

Sights will be done soon.

As far as the trigger, ill continue to get a good feel for the gun. As it will be a carry gun hopefully (ill know the beginning of july here in sac county) I definitely do not want a hair pin trigger. I guess all the reading throughout the threads made me curious.

I like the laser idea, didn't think I could dry fire that much without doing any harm to the gun.

Again, thanks

NorCal916
04-28-2011, 11:14 PM
Great advice here.. (as usual!) I am also adding a G30 and was curious about this too.
Thanks Everyone!