View Full Version : Red dot recommendation for M&P 15-22?

04-28-2011, 6:19 AM
I'm on my 10 day wait for my 15-22 and was thinking of getting a red dot sight. I've never use a red dot before so I'd like something user friendly.

Some people have recommended the Walther PS22

Any other recommendations/thoughts?

Outta Control
04-28-2011, 6:36 AM
I would recommend to first get used to iron sights and be proficient at it. Beside that check this review.

04-28-2011, 6:36 AM
Primary Arms.

Get the M4-style (http://primaryarms.com/product.sc;jsessionid=9BC72668AF7879C490AE349CC2D6 FEDF.qscstrfrnt01?productId=35&categoryId=419) (it uses AA batteries) and a magnifier in a package deal.

It's a very nice sight. I got it with the 5x magnifier in a QD mount and the killflash. I love it.

pennys dad
04-28-2011, 6:43 AM
If you want a simple red dot get the Walther or an NCstar, quality will be about the same. If you can get to a gun show, go get something there. Really it depends on your budget, you could get a used Eotech for $300 or a Primary Arms for $100. You need to know how much you want to spend

04-28-2011, 8:26 PM
+1 on Primary Arms. Great value. Excellent customer service and they stand behind their products. I bought the Multi-reticle with a high cant mount. Shots are very accurate.

04-29-2011, 7:47 AM
Personally, I would stay away from the real "cheapies" and at least go with something like the Burris Fastfire; for a bit more consider the C-More or Leupold DeltaPoint. If you have the money to burn, the EoTech's are tough to beat. You can also get some bargain magnifiers these days like the Vortex 3X with its Swing Mount that is very cool and reasonably priced!

George P.

04-29-2011, 11:13 AM
Tasco red dot if your looking to save some cash

04-29-2011, 11:14 AM
+1 for Primary Arms. Very high quality at affordable prices. I have a couple on my .22lr's as well (M4 on my Sig 522, micro on my TacSol .22lr upper), and they're fantastic!

04-29-2011, 11:25 AM
Depends on your budget. Used Aimpoint, Eotech. You won't have to wonder about quality.
I have used a few optics from Primary Arms. Never a problem if you want a budget optic. Marshall doesn't carry junk.

04-29-2011, 1:41 PM
I have a cheap barska 1x30 meaning no magnification. It has a red + crosshair instead of dot and it has like 8 settings from very dim to overly saturated red. it's about the same price as the primary arms to about 5-10 bucks more. Quality is questionable, i've heard some people say it's completely trash LOL to decent. I mean for the price, it works. Don't need an EOTECH for a 15-22 LOL, unless you have $$$ to spare. The 1x30 Barska i have is clear and it works, it comes with 2 batteries, not sure what type these are though, but the battery is small. I'm not sure about battery life as i only had this scope for about a month now. I do like that primary arms that the first poster posted though, looks like you can't go wrong with that. I'll post a pic of my MOE though with the barska. Oh yeah, get a JP Ent. yellow spring kit for your 15-22, that's the funnest thing i got for mine.

04-29-2011, 1:45 PM
Primary arms! Have one on my AR and its amazing

04-29-2011, 1:57 PM
Use a vortex strikefire, and its great. Have it for my ar-15

04-29-2011, 7:53 PM
Really it depends on your budget, you could get a used Eotech for $300 or a Primary Arms for $100. You need to know how much you want to spend

100 or less Primary is the way to go.

Also a used a eotech isnt a bad idea at all. They are plenty tough so 2nd hand they are fine. Ive bought a couple of em for killer deals in the used forum here, never had an issue.

Got one on my M&P too!

For this kind of rifle, I cant honestly say there will be a huge practical difference between going with an Eotech or a more affordable clone type, like a PriamaryArms, but if you go eotech you wont be left wondering what you are missing out if you spent just a tad more.

Vortex strikefire and sprac are nice too, but for tad more cash you right there with a used Eotech which I say is a better value