PDA

View Full Version : Fast single action shooting - how is this possible? (video)

berg
04-27-2011, 4:58 PM
http://www.wimp.com/fastestgunman/
"Bad Bob" cocks and fires and hits a target.

Rhythm of Life
04-27-2011, 4:59 PM
Very possible. Bob Munden is a God with a revolver.

whatpain
04-27-2011, 5:06 PM
dude that was very impresive. it almost seems unreal. but theres no doubt that it is true

gorenut
04-27-2011, 5:15 PM
Not to take away from his feats, as they are amazing and levels I can never achieve.. there are a lot of little things that help him not shooting your conventional bullets. I believe he's shooting wax.

llamatrnr
04-27-2011, 5:27 PM
Dang! Assault revolver! :eek:

ale014
04-27-2011, 5:30 PM
wow..very fast! wish i can shoot like that!

also, i wish i had guts like that cameraman...staying down range and being shot at and all :whistling:

AvyDriver
04-27-2011, 5:36 PM
Wanna know the craziest part? This video is literally like 20-30 years old. His names bob munden and he's still that fast. Google him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AvyDriver
04-27-2011, 5:39 PM
Oh and there is video of him doin the two balloon thing recently and then slowed down for super slo mo. It's still crazy fast.

Paradiddle
04-27-2011, 5:48 PM
Not to take away from his feats, as they are amazing and levels I can never achieve.. there are a lot of little things that help him not shooting your conventional bullets. I believe he's shooting wax.

Yes - all those quick draw guys shoot wax.

Dig this guy - IPSC in a cowboy hat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1BwUJ4--Qw

AvyDriver
04-27-2011, 5:54 PM
Yes - all those quick draw guys shoot wax.

Dig this guy - IPSC in a cowboy hat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1BwUJ4--Qw

He was one of the pro instructors on top shot. Cowboy names lead dispenser.

PandaLuv
04-27-2011, 6:01 PM
Dude !
That was fast, imagine if he was in Wild West in late 1800s and early 1900s. He would kick so much ***, nobody would mess with him either

Ub3rDorK
04-27-2011, 6:07 PM
thats insane....and no one currently can beat this?? WOW

blazing
04-27-2011, 6:20 PM
o u think thats kool check out this clip on when he shoots what looks like a 2"-3" barrel revolver at a balloon at 200 yrds!!

Tied-t1fFsk

DcZHVspVIDs

blazing
04-27-2011, 6:31 PM
ed mcgivern aint got nothin on bob munden. bob will drop him before he can even reach for his holster.

doctor_vals
04-27-2011, 6:37 PM
wow..very fast! wish i can shoot like that!
also, i wish i had guts like that cameraman...staying down range and being shot at and all :whistling:

Don't even try.... this is CALIFORNIA.
And not fully auto revolver allows :)

Fishslayer
04-27-2011, 6:43 PM
From what I've heard, the dude's for real and hits his target as well as being lightning fast.:eek:

I kinda like this guy though. What can I say? I'm a S&W guy...;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLk1v5bSFPw

hornswaggled
04-27-2011, 7:00 PM
Great gunman, but in the old west as someone mentioned, some 19 year old skillness nobody would have shot him in the back at a card table or something. The mythology of squared-off duels at high noon is just that, mythology. People fought dirty back then, just like now. :)

Ubermcoupe
04-27-2011, 8:45 PM
From what I've heard, the dude's for real and hits his target as well as being lightning fast.:eek:

lLk1v5bSFPw

Ahhh yes, Good old Jerry. I always liked the video of him unloading a 1911 like an automatic, tried to find the video but I can't seem to locate it online.

I'll never be able to shoot this fast but I sure wish I could pull the trick shots off like they do. :D

gorenut
04-27-2011, 9:09 PM

Yea, while Munden is fast and probably the best cowboy shooter - I'd rank Miculek as the best overall wheelgunner. The guy just has a titan's grip with speed and accuracy. Crazy how anyone can manipulate DA that fast.

rojocorsa
04-27-2011, 9:18 PM
Great gunman, but in the old west as someone mentioned, some 19 year old skillness nobody would have shot him in the back at a card table or something. The mythology of squared-off duels at high noon is just that, mythology. People fought dirty back then, just like now. :)
QFT.

Not gonna lie though, his golden six shooter is pretty pimp.

Canucky
04-27-2011, 9:24 PM
Dude !
That was fast, imagine if he was in Wild West in late 1800s and early 1900s. He would kick so much ***, nobody would mess with him either

Sorry Panda he wouldn't last long. Somebody would have shot him. It wasn't the way hollyweird protrayed it.

PandaLuv
04-27-2011, 9:27 PM
Sorry Panda he wouldn't last long. Somebody would have shot him. It wasn't the way hollyweird protrayed it.

Well, he would last a lot longer than I would lol
lLk1v5bSFPw

Ahhh yes, Good old Jerry. I always liked the video of him unloading a 1911 like an automatic, tried to find the video but I can't seem to locate it online.

I'll never be able to shoot this fast but I sure wish I could pull the trick shots off like they do. :D

Quick question, kind of a nube question too, what is a stripped revolver?
Also, what caliber was he shooting?

Cokebottle
04-27-2011, 9:32 PM
Ditto.

Effectively blanks, wide spread.
SOME aiming is important, but he would not be able to do that with a "real" .45

The guns are also custom made/modified for exhibition shooting. While I'm sure they could fire a real bullet, I don't believe it would be safe to do so.

gorenut
04-27-2011, 9:36 PM
As a side note, I've seen Munden shoot 1911s quite accurately as well.. but definitely didn't display the same showmanship as he does with the revolver. As Cokebottle mentioned, the widespread blanks allows him to just make really fast sweeping arcs that are extremely impressive to the observers.

As for the Miculek video, I think he might be shooting .38sp in the video, now he usually shoots .45s. The shorter rounds of 45acp and them being wider.. really makes loading and unloading with moonclips much faster vs magnum rounds.

Canucky
04-27-2011, 9:57 PM
Gorenut I agree with you on Miculek. But I wonder how modified his double action is. looking at the vid notice how short the hammer stroke is? I aint dissing the man, just interested in his revolver. Wonder if he ever gets tired shooting. Nah!!!

nrvnqsrxk
04-27-2011, 10:16 PM
Why hasn't anyone pointed out he was fanning?

D3lta58
04-27-2011, 10:30 PM
amazing!

c483125117
04-27-2011, 10:41 PM
Wow, that was ridiculously awesome.

MarioS
04-27-2011, 10:57 PM
Wow.

Fishslayer
04-27-2011, 11:08 PM
Well, he would last a lot longer than I would lol

Quick question, kind of a nube question too, what is a stripped revolver?
Also, what caliber was he shooting?

If you're referring to Jerry...

It's a S&W 625 in .45ACP with moon clips.

I'm sure it's tuned within an inch of it's life and needs timing on a regular basis.;)

You can buy a 625JM off the shelf.

JTROKS
04-27-2011, 11:50 PM
I can do that in my sleep. Dreaming of it.

Highlands858
04-28-2011, 12:39 AM
And I thought single action revolvers were boring. Ha!

toby
04-28-2011, 6:10 AM
It's so un-tactical.......:eek:

Bruce
04-28-2011, 11:24 AM
It's so un-tactical.......:eek:

Yup. Somebody needs to market a single action revolver with Picatinny rails top and bottom! :D Sad thing is.....they'd probably sell! :eek:

bohoki
04-28-2011, 11:26 AM
well his hammer spur is bent straight up and he wears a glove

IrishPirate
04-28-2011, 11:35 AM
ASSAULT MOON-CLIPS!!! :willy_nilly:

Yup. Somebody needs to market a single action revolver with Picatinny rails top and bottom! :D Sad thing is.....they'd probably sell! :eek:

kinda like this?
http://www.imfdb.org/w/images/thumb/6/64/S%26WPerfCenter629Custom_XXX.jpg/400px-S%26WPerfCenter629Custom_XXX.jpg

this is always amusing to look at:
http://www.gunpundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/stoeger-double-defense-12-ga.jpg

gorenut
04-28-2011, 12:59 PM
kinda like this?
http://www.imfdb.org/w/images/thumb/6/64/S%26WPerfCenter629Custom_XXX.jpg/400px-S%26WPerfCenter629Custom_XXX.jpg

Wow.. that bottle opener even comes with a gun!

blazing
04-28-2011, 6:52 PM
Wow.. that bottle opener even comes with a gun!

lol

BigDogatPlay
04-28-2011, 7:46 PM
Ditto.

Effectively blanks, wide spread.
SOME aiming is important, but he would not be able to do that with a "real" .45

Not necessarily. Wax bullets done right work just like wadcutters. Also don't use powder when shooting wax. Just enlarging the primer flash hole does the trick. Judging by the flash and report, Munden is using at least some powder.

I would not put it past Munden to be able to replicate with lead. Might be a soft load of powder, but the late great Bill Jordan who was the king of law enforcement speed shooting preached to practice with wax, and you would be able to replicate with lead. Jordan absolutely could. And he gives the 'recipe' for making wax bullets in bulk in his book "No Second Place Winner".

The guns are also custom made/modified for exhibition shooting. While I'm sure they could fire a real bullet, I don't believe it would be safe to do so.

Definitely custom to be sure, but at their core most will still handle live ammo I am pretty certain. It's the actions and lockwork that get heavily customized and beefed up, largely to stand up to the speed involved.

scarville
04-28-2011, 7:52 PM
It's not single action. Will it do?

http://www.heronforge.net/blog/assaultrevolver.jpg

BigDogatPlay
04-28-2011, 7:58 PM
It's not single action. Will it do?

http://www.heronforge.net/blog/assaultrevolver.jpg

That's just sooooo wrong.... but it's sooooo cool. :D

saki302
04-29-2011, 1:29 AM
Munden does it by cocking the revolver on the draw and fanning the hammer the moment it fires at the first balloon.

I used to try and replicate it with an (empty) single action blackhawk. With me, you could still hear two 'clicks' :D

-Dave

gobi fish
04-29-2011, 3:21 AM
years of pratice (at least 30+ if not 40+ years)+muscle memory+natural tallent=awesomness

Quickdraw Mcgraw
04-29-2011, 4:07 PM
years of pratice (at least 30+ if not 40+ years)+muscle memory+natural tallent=awesomness

+a kick *** gold chain=WIN!

Manolito
04-29-2011, 4:57 PM
I can tell you I attended a exebition that he shot lead. I also sent my wifes S&W airweight to him and he is a great gun smith. The difference he made is unbelievable.
He regularly appears on a program called impossible shots.
Bill